63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Bishop Chatard
    • Covington Catholic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire schools like Ryle, and Covington Catholic for upgrading their football schedule. The fans and the players love it. There are some schools in Jefferson county should do the same. Trinity lead the way in these upgraded games. A year or so ago, Trinity went back to the same old mundane schedule of the distant past. The fans, and parents had a fit. You can not get your fans used to steak, then go back to feeding them bologna.

I admire schools like Ryle, and Covington Catholic for upgrading their football schedule. The fans and the players love it. There are some schools in Jefferson county should do the same. Trinity lead the way in these upgraded games. A year or so ago, Trinity went back to the same old mundane schedule of the distant past. The fans, and parents had a fit. You can not get your fans used to steak, then go back to feeding them bologna.

CovCath has a long history of tough schedules. If anything, their schedule is on par, maybe even ever so slightly lighter than previous years.

Chatard is tough to get a bead on. Lost to good teams, beat the teams they’re “supposed to beat”. No doubt they’ve played a much tougher schedule than Cov Cath has.

Also, they're currently calling for 70% rain on Friday, whomever that would favor?

I think it’s going to be a close game. Chatard has 2/3 the male enrollment of Cov Cath, (so theoretically shouldn’t be any deeper in terms of numbers/talent), they're traveling 2 hours, and are coming off a heartbreaker at home to Winton Woods (OH) last week while Cov Cath had a bye...Winton Woods had just taken down LaSalle who is the defending OH-DIII champ.

Not often has a team has driven the length of the field and scored on Cov Cath this season. Most TD’s have been a 50+ yard play with a missed tackle/assignment or against the second/third team or both.

Ryle - 75 yard pass to Chisolm - 1 play drive

Ryle – 84 yard run England – 3 play drive (against 2nd team)

Kings (OH) – 2 yard QB sneak – 12 play, 73 yard drive

Kings (OH) – 11 yard pass – 17 play, 71 yard drive

Beechwood – 51yard run – 5 play drive (against 2nd team)

Columbus DeSales – 70 yard pass – 3 play drive

If they continue to play sound defense, I just don’t see Cov Cath getting a bunch of points rolled up on them. The question will be how well they can possess and score the ball?