Cathedral (IN) 23 Ryle 17

theguru

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was sitting in at my computer and I thought I heard the announcers saying it was the right call confirmed by replay.

In real time it was so close. I jumped up screaming TOUCHDOWN!

My initial reaction as well. Great job by the Ryle staff and team recognizing the spot and lining up to spike the ball so quickly. Really impressive - they gave themselves a chance to win the game.

Not sure why Chisholm didn't get ball on last play.... Pilyers scramble to the goal line on next to last play with time running out was as ballsy a play I've seen in that situation in a long time. Ryle is improving week to week. Their defense is also rapidly improving. Gonna be fun watching the rest of the season and the playoff run.

First, ESPN productions was great.

Second, KY officials got every call correct in the final drive without replay and without huddling together for 5 minutes on each call. Neither time was Ryle QB in the endzone. Watch the replay.

Third, Ryle showed a lot of heart. I think they were going to hand the ball off or throw it on the final play but when the shotgun snap sailed over the QB's head just after the Cathedral coach called timeout, I think they decided to go under center. But then they had a FB and RB in the backfield which does not help the QB when he is getting stuffed at the line. Yeah Cathedral was missing their 2 best players but they still had plenty of other talent including the Michigan commit 323 pound center and other massive OL guys. So here it comes..................Ryle is the second best team in NKY.