Cathedral (IN) 23 Ryle 17

theguru

Ryle QB was in the end zone by two yards on the second to last play, his knees hit the goal line. Refs were not even close to being in position to make that call. Game should have been a W for the Raiders.

Definitely didn't get in on the second to last play. You can clearly see his elbow down short of the goal line. The last play is tough to tell but believe you can see his knee down about the time the back comes up to try and push the pile.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all those who said we were going to be embarrassed on national tv, what? It's all good, when we roll up on your squad we will make you a believer too. Thanks for the little extra motivation.

I still have my doubts about Ryle, they got beat by a 2-4 Cathedral who didn't play there star RB or WR....

Not sure what replay you are watching

I have it recorded and the replay from the endzone clearly shows the elbow with the ball behind it down before the shoulder hits in the endzone. It was the correct call. If the QB extends his arm it is a TD but he was protecting the ball and his elbow and the ball where the first things to hit and they were short of the goal line.

Anybody notice number 72 over center on D on the last play? He was 6'3 and 330 pounds and played center on O all night. Ryle wasn't going to push that guy around.

Kudos to Ryle, great effort.

That is why Cathedral got the penalty for encroachment. They were trying to run their Goal Line defense in after the QB was down at the half yard line. But then following the penalty and timeout they stacked the line with the 323 LB dude and Ryle was not able to move the pile. Also the QB had the ball slightly behind his side and that did not help either. So close.