Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 28 St. Xavier 0

Featured Replies

he is that good!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowd estimated at 20,000. I was hoping for more with both teams undefeated for the first time since 2008.

 

Male may give St. Xavier all they want later this season (twice). Moore was the difference on offense.

It is hard to question Trinity's defensive skills. Male, Carmel, Warren Central, Moeller and Champagnat were all serious threats to Trinity win streak (now 21). Cardosi, Hull, Auxier, Dissell, Hull, Herron, McDuffie-they play well as a unit. The DBs are experienced and talented as well. They do allow the occasional big passing play, and regroup to play the "next play".

Not that I want this to be true but 15 wins last year plus 7 this year equals 22 in a row. 38 in a row wins against teams not named Male, back to Moeller in 2014.

Not that I want this to be true but 15 wins last year plus 7 this year equals 22 in a row. 38 in a row wins against teams not named Male, back to Moeller in 2014.
Thanks. I realized my error while updating my personal spreadsheet for 2017.

You think with this win Trinity may move up to 4th or even 3rd in the LIT ratings? :lol:

Trinity has beaten Male and X this year by a combined score of 50-0, at Male and at a neutral site. Their running game is not what it has been in the past but IMO the short passing game tends to compensate for it. I think QB Bohn threw for all 4 of the touchdowns last night. I don't know the number but he has a lot of TD passes this season.

The big difference between these teams is execution. I am always amazed at the precision of Trinity's offense. Hats off to the coaches that are such great teachers and to the kids that put in the repetitions to become that good.

The big difference between these teams is execution. I am always amazed at the precision of Trinity's offense. Hats off to the coaches that are such great teachers and to the kids that put in the repetitions to become that good.

Good observation. Nine different players caught passes. Seems like everyone knows the system this year.

If not for a sluggish 1sr Q with Moore sidelined (which I missed because of the dismal security, we didn't get in til 10 min to play in the 2nd) I think the score could have been worse. I didn't see a shutout coming, but I felt good about a Rock W.

One other thing to note. Nick Bohn's decision making and poise were unbelievable. I have always said that the big enemy of performance is delay. The second best decision now is almost always better than the first best decision after a delay. When receivers opened, there was NO hesitation. He delivered the ball. He also showed great focus down the field. There was one third and long play where a big X freight train was closing on him and within a step of him. His attention down the field never waivered and he delivered the big third down pass. When his arm started forward, the X guy was so close that I wasn't sure he wouldn't be hit before the release. Impressive.

Trinity has beaten Male and X this year by a combined score of 50-0, at Male and at a neutral site. Their running game is not what it has been in the past but IMO the short passing game tends to compensate for it. I think QB Bohn threw for all 4 of the touchdowns last night. I don't know the number but he has a lot of TD passes this season.

 

Bohn's season stats: 162/208 (77.9%) 1966 yards 17 TDs/2 INTs

Time for X to admit their mistake on hiring Wolford. Time to find a coach worthy of the program's storied history. Stick with Wolford and the lopsided rivalry will continue.

^

What's wrong with that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.