Simon Kenton 22 Beechwood 14

mcpapa

Didn't Rump catch the long pass at the end of the first half? I think some stat folks added that to Murray's total.

That said, congrats to Pioneers for making it out of Ft. Mitchell with a win. While an impressive effort for sure by Beechwood...can't make that many mistakes and win games like this. Good luck to the rest of KY 1A. Wow.

Bluegrass Preps might have broken the internet had the Tigers pulled that upset.

Yea they just fixed it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm referring to the fumble call in the endzone. Reports from the field are saying that was the worst one of the 3 by far.

It would have to be someone on the field saying that. I don't think anyone on either side line or in the stands would be able to see when the ball came out since it was a dive play into the middle of the line.

Let's address the elephant in the room

The fact Beechwood went stride for stride confirms that SK is not ready to compete with the 6A big boys.

Conversely, the fact Beechwood went stride for stride confirms that Beechwood is probably a cut above the rest in 1A.

It also tells us that Covington Catholic is the best team in NKY by leaps and bounds

Covington Catholic would have their way with SK.

If I had not been 20 yards from block-in-back penalty, I might have questioned the call. But, I saw it coming and was watching the play. To me, a died in the wool Tiger, it was the correct call. As was the last TD called back. Burch was 3-4 yards past the line when he threw it. Refs did an excellant job. BW stubbed their own toe once too many times. No controversy from me, thoughts refs did a quality job.

If I had not been 20 yards from block-in-back penalty, I might have questioned the call. But, I saw it coming and was watching the play. To me, a died in the wool Tiger, it was the correct call. As was the last TD called back. Burch was 3-4 yards past the line when he threw it. Refs did an excellant job. BW stubbed their own toe once too many times. No controversy from me, thoughts refs did a quality job.

Refs did a great job tonight.

What do people think about the 3 TDs called back against BW who were there - I'm hearing mixed reviews. Obviously, big calls, though. 3 TDs called back is unheard of.

1 of the tds called back was a fumble on the goal line SK recovered in the end zone. 2. Pick 6 called back was a clear block in the back which the player didnt even have to touch him. The 3rd one called back QB was about a yard past the line of scrimmage.

Great hard fought game! Could have easily been 21-7 beechwood at half.

IMO SK will struggle against the camels and ryle!

Beechwood should win 1A.