Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino / Jurich Fired at U..L.

Featured Replies

No LOIs have been signed for 2018 class. Not much kids there can do right now...

Unless the school releases them from the letter of intent. This happened to my nephew after he had signed with Kentucky State. I requested his release after the football coach was fired. They granted him his release.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish they would make an exception so that they can transfer mid-year. You know, like every other college student across America.

 

They can transfer mid-year. They just can't compete in college athletics without sitting out.

Unless the school releases them from the letter of intent. This happened to my nephew after he had signed with Kentucky State. I requested his release after the football coach was fired. They granted him his release.

 

If an LOI has been signed, yes. We have not reached the LOI signing for the 2018 class, so everything right now is a verbal commitment...

They can transfer mid-year. They just can't compete in college athletics without sitting out.

 

I wasn't clear. I wish they could go to a new team and play right away second semester, if that was their desire. It just sucks knowing they will have to forfeit an entire year because of the shenanigans of others.

I wasn't clear. I wish they could go to a new team and play right away second semester, if that was their desire. It just sucks knowing they will have to forfeit an entire year because of the shenanigans of others.

 

That would kind of make it hard to keep up the charade that it is about academics. I don't see how you could go to a new school and start taking a class 6 weeks or more into the semester. Even regular students can't really do that either. Most schools have hard deadlines as far as dropping adding classes.

That would kind of make it hard to keep up the charade that it is about academics. I don't see how you could go to a new school and start taking a class 6 weeks or more into the semester. Even regular students can't really do that either. Most schools have hard deadlines as far as dropping adding classes.

Second semester.

Why would they even consider that? Presumably they'll be given a transfer exemption to immediately play elsewhere. I can't imagine any of them not taking advantage of that.

 

They have to have a place to go though, unless they sit out a year. I'd imagine not many teams just have a scholarship laying around come October.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.