September 24, 20179 yr OK I see more and more people with these things. I've seen kids walking down the sidewalk after school with them and for the most part mostly young people using them. Someone that Vapes or knows a lot about it give us the 411 on these things? -Taste? -Legal Restrictions? -Safety? -Healthy? -Is this just a fad that will die off or is it here to stay?
September 24, 20179 yr I honestly don't know, but I see it all the time and it produces a bigger cloud of smoke than traditional smokers ever have, but no doubt with no detectable smell that I have noticed. As stupid as smoking is, (and I used to be one of them), there was something satisfying about it as ridiculous as that sounds. The more drunk or higher you got it seemed to be just as common as breathing, or made breathing more enjoyable and cool, unless of course you had a cold, and then it was just murder to puff, but just like a trooper the minute you could you'd be right back at it. Years ago I had successfully quit smoking, but after watching Nick Nolte in 48 Hours I literally went directly to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes. Seeing that movie is not at all advisable to anyone trying to remain smoke-free. It helped to throw me into many more years of stupidity. Anyhow, since I have successfully kicked it, I won't be vaping, but in truth I have yet to break anyone down who does to have them tell me just what the deal is regarding it. Now that this thread has been started, the next person I see out at the clubs, I'm asking.
September 24, 20179 yr OK I see more and more people with these things. I've seen kids walking down the sidewalk after school with them and for the most part mostly young people using them. Someone that Vapes or knows a lot about it give us the 411 on these things? -Taste? -Legal Restrictions? -Safety? -Healthy? -Is this just a fad that will die off or is it here to stay? I don't think there have been any conclusive studies done on the health risk yet. I don't do it. But I think just by thinking logically that it is vapor and not smoke plus I believe all or almost all carcinogens are eliminated. With that in mind it can't be as bad as actual cigarettes.
September 24, 20179 yr Certainly vaping is less offensive to others....virtually no smell, and when there is, it's not stinky like cigarette smoke. I'd guess it's also cleaner. But sorry, people look completely ridiculous carrying around and sucking on a whatever they call the vape machines.
September 25, 20179 yr There is a lady in my office that does it, I thought the building was burning down the first time I caught her smoking it. She is like a big steam engine. So cool :ohbrother:
September 25, 20179 yr I'm surprised by the number of sarcastic comments calling people "cool" for vaping. Do you think smokers are trying to be "cool" by lighting up? Like RJS mentioned, vaping is mostly odor free and certainly doesn't stick to your clothes like cigarette (or cigar) smoke. You can do it indoors at many places (although the number of places prohibiting it is increasing). As it pertains to health benefits -- it's obviously not good for you, and I'm sure long-term use will have detrimental effects, but it has to be healthier than inhaling the smoke and known carcinogens in cigarettes, right?
September 25, 20179 yr Whenever I see a guy I went to high school with, he's always vaping. He looks ridiculous. Smoking in any form is disgusting, btw.
September 25, 20179 yr Whenever I see a guy I went to high school with, he's always vaping. He looks ridiculous. Smoking in any form is disgusting, btw. Could not agree more!!!!
September 25, 20179 yr I honestly don't know, but I see it all the time and it produces a bigger cloud of smoke than traditional smokers ever have, but no doubt with no detectable smell that I have noticed. As I understand it, that's a product of how you have the "settings" on your vape pen set up. I have a couple of friends who have gone from 2+ pack a day smokers to vaping much less in terms of nicotine intake (which can be dialed up and down on a vape pen). Anyway, from what I've been told, if your vape pen has you billowing out clouds of vapor like a smokestack, it's because it's burning off way too much juice at once. More smoke does not equate to more nicotine buzz. That part is done for the sake of looking cool.
September 25, 20179 yr Author The breakdown of people I see vaping...for every 10, I see... 2 - 30-50 year old's that are vaping like a train in their cars going down the road. 1 - 60+ year old that vapes all the time, every where they go. 3 - teens that are vaping walking around downtown or around the outside of the mall. 4 - 20 somethings that are all about their lanyards and make sure that everyone knows they are vapers. 8 out of 10 are male FWIW Vaporpit commercials are the most annoying things on radio.
September 26, 20179 yr The breakdown of people I see vaping...for every 10, I see... 2 - 30-50 year old's that are vaping like a train in their cars going down the road. 1 - 60+ year old that vapes all the time, every where they go. 3 - teens that are vaping walking around downtown or around the outside of the mall. 4 - 20 somethings that are all about their lanyards and make sure that everyone knows they are vapers. 8 out of 10 are male FWIW Vaporpit commercials are the most annoying things on radio. Even if I was open to the idea of vaping, those annoying commercials alone would guarantee that I would never enter a vapor pit.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.