Newport Central Catholic 20 Christian Academy Louisville 15

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference with Carr out, not to take away from NCC victory (congrats Breds)...you got play with what you have available. Carr is big , experienced QB...a major factor.

Good post, brings back memory of last year semi loss when the best team in the state lost to CAL after having Arnett set out

Big difference with Carr out, not to take away from NCC victory (congrats Breds)...you got play with what you have available. Carr is big , experienced QB...a major factor.

They also lose their best receiver because Wright played QB. He can't pass it to himself.

Hats of to NCC was a win and a well deserved one for sure.

Win and lose as a team, I agree, but that CAL team without Carr is not at all the CAL team they are with him in. His is everything a QB is supposed to be, talented, big, smart, and a team leader, no doubt they missed him. What they missed the most though, is Milton being behind center, that kid is a nightmare as a receiver, in the slot, or as a runningback. Like someone said , "he cant pass to himself".

Hats off to NCC, but I still like CAL when it is all said and done.

Good post, brings back memory of last year semi loss when the best team in the state lost to CAL after having Arnett set out

My good friend Toothpick...I almost passed on that, but I have to disagree. CAL was the best team in 2-A last year, and here's where I'm really going to rub you the wrong way. I think DeSales was the second best team. But, arguing about who was second best makes me want to vomit, so I'm moving on. As they say, if you're not the lead dog, the view is always the same.... :-)

My good friend Toothpick...I almost passed on that, but I have to disagree. CAL was the best team in 2-A last year, and here's where I'm really going to rub you the wrong way. I think DeSales was the second best team. But, arguing about who was second best makes me want to vomit, so I'm moving on. As they say, if you're not the lead dog, the view is always the same.... :-)

Do you think one player can make a difference? If the answer is yes, then CAL didn't see Mayfield at full strength. CAL won the game and that's all that matters. Mayfield's issue is really with the KHSAA and how it was all handled.

With all that....Carr could have made a difference and probably would have but we"ll never know unless they meet in finals.

Well you would have had better luck at the rub wrong if you had done so before we became actual face to face friends and now its too late. Its all good, that's what makes this site fun. By the way, I had DS at 3rd or 4th best!!! JK!

Lol. Keep dreaming. Mayfield would have beat the doors off of DeSales last season. CAL had the weapons to keep up with MF on a night MF was forced to play without their best defensive player. DeSales did not.

Arnett wasn't just some random member of the team. He was the heart and soul of that defense. In fact, that defense was built around him. He lined up all over the field, stunted from anywhere, and blitzed from everywhere. He's the kind of kid you have to build your whole gameplan around. If you saw MF play without him, then you didn't see Mayfield play. Without him, MF was forced to move a safety down to LB and start a freshman on the back-end. Showing up in Louisville and asking a freshman making his first meaningful start to chase Wright around is not the position you want to be in. Again, CAL had a team capable of exploiting the situation, DeSales did not.

None of this is intended to take anything away from what CAL accomplished last year. The were the best team in 2A and they earned their championship.