Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?

theguru

Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So it boils down to a yes/no type thing with no real discussion....Certain political threads seem to be allowed while others that have only a hint of political correlation are shut down. It's all confusing.

Not at all, there has already been plenty of discussion without getting into politics. This is about how ESPN handles these types of situations and if they do it on a level or even basis. There is plenty to discuss.

This isnt even about Politics.

Its about how racist she obviously is.

If Kapernick wanted to make a team well he just blew it by tweeting and supporting her racist views. Which just goes to show he is one in the same. Hate has made him this way and I understand. But keep racism off sports.

Not one person can give evidence of Trump being a white supremacist, or the people who work for him.

Might not be apples to apples either, but Doug Adler was fired for commenting on Venus Williams aggressive style of play as "guerilla tactics" or something like that.

ESPN fired me for ‘guerrilla’ comment on Venus Williams: suit | New York Post

And then had a heart attack that his cardiologist attributed to stress from his firing. ESPN should be facing a massive lawsuit from him.

It wasn't like she just started making it known. Why is Linda Cohn still employed?

IMO because there are people that still don't believe they try to silence one side of the discussion. When she came out with her comments, she backed them into a corner. Fire her and admit that they won't tolerate any conservative voices or simply suspend her for speaking out.

At the end of the day it comes down to Bob Iger and his desire to run for POTUS in 2020. Dude is doing everything he can to use the Disney/ESPN machine as his campaign machine and is using it to promote his agenda every chance he gets. Those who are of no value to that agenda or speak out against it are being shown the door. Those (like Hill) that are in lock step with it are giving fake disciplinary action when they step out of line.

This isnt even about Politics.

Its about how racist she obviously is.

If Kapernick wanted to make a team well he just blew it by tweeting and supporting her racist views. Which just goes to show he is one in the same. Hate has made him this way and I understand. But keep racism off sports.

Not one person can give evidence of Trump being a white supremacist, or the people who work for him.

What makes her racist?

You dont just start calling someone a white supremacist and not have hate for white people. She called cops like slave patrols. Its not hard to figure out what her views are.

That makes no sense though. I'm a white guy. Have been since I was born I'm pretty certain.

White supremacists exist. I've seen them. I've met them. I've talked with them. I'll call them like I see them.

Doesn't mean I have hate in my heart for white people.