Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?

theguru

Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does ESPN have a double standard when hosts speak out?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't have a real conversation on this topic without discussing politics, so I'm not really sure why it was even posted.

We don't have to discus the positions taken by anyone or why they take them, just if ESPN has a double standard by allowing or encouraging one position while stifling opposing views.

We don't have to discus the positions taken by anyone or why they take them, just if ESPN has a double standard by allowing or encouraging one position while stifling opposing views.

So it boils down to a yes/no type thing with no real discussion....Certain political threads seem to be allowed while others that have only a hint of political correlation are shut down. It's all confusing.

Nope, but it's naive to believe she wasn't a part of the layoff due to her political views.
Naive, really? Again, unless all of those laid off were conservative you can't make that connection. What value did she bring to warrant her staying over others?

Just so I'm clear your position is if she was liberal or at least not public with her views she would still be at ESPN.

Nope, but it's naive to believe she wasn't a part of the layoff due to her political views.

If the video of her and the tow company employee a few years ago is any indication, I'd say her inability to treat other people she encounters with dignity and respect made that decision as easy as it would have been for any other reason.

If the video of her and the tow company employee a few years ago is any indication, I'd say her inability to treat other people she encounters with dignity and respect made that decision as easy as it would have been for any other reason.

Exactly. I'm surprised they didn't ax her then.