Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Big Mike Get to 62?

Featured Replies

Giancarlo Stanton has been on an unreal tear since the All-Star break. Dude has swatted 24 bombs in 41 games since the break. He's up to 50 on the year. With 33 games to go, can he get to 62? 70? Right now, if he keeps up his second half pace, he'll hit 69.

 

Dude is so fun to watch. It's like video game HRs when he connects.

I seem to think he should but as we get closer to playoff time and The Fish are in the hunt and they're playing teams still in contention, those teams are probably less likely to pitch to him especially with men on base.

So fun to watch! I find it hard to believe he can keep this pace up but this is also a total beast we are talking about not confined by the usual numbers of regular MLB players... He's hit 17 in August which is just insane. Big Mac hit 15 in September of 1998 and the most he hit in a month in 98 was 16 in May.

 

They play in Colorado on September 25th, the one year anniversary of the tragic death of Jose Fernandez. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something special happen that night.

I don't think he getting the publicity he deserves. The dude is an absolute monster. I think he gets to ~65.

Am I missing something here, what is the significance of getting to 62?

 

61*

 

Some feel the seasons in which Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa went beyond 61 it was tainted. In fairness, baseball old school guys de-legitimize Maris's 61* since it game in 162 games.

From what I gather Stanton is supposedly a super nice guy. Like one of the nicest in the business. Hope he keeps smacking away.

61*

 

Some feel the seasons in which Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa went beyond 61 it was tainted. In fairness, baseball old school guys de-legitimize Maris's 61* since it game in 162 games.

 

gotcha

Sitting on 51 with 30+ games to go.

 

I'd say he'll end at 60...but I'd love to see many more from him.

The slugger formerly known as Mike Stanton is putting on some kind of incredible power exhibition. The guy is so fun to watch. I would like to see how my guy "Old Hoss" Radbourn would deal with Stanton. Too bad he's been dead for 120 years.

Heard on the radio yesterday that of his 51 HR, 47 have come against the 3rd, 4th, or 5th starter in the rotation.

Heard on the radio yesterday that of his 51 HR, 47 have come against the 3rd, 4th, or 5th starter in the rotation.

 

As long as no teams go to a 2 man rotation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.