August 27, 20179 yr Liking Mixon's talent... get the fumbles out of the way in preseason... Burfict looks to be in the best shape of his career
August 27, 20179 yr 1st teams looked much better. Most impressive was the 3 sack by the first team defense. The rest was let's look at some guys and things. The Bengals had no answer for the screen with the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team defenses. Again, Preseason so meh.
August 27, 20179 yr 1st teams looked much better. Most impressive was the 3 sack by the first team defense. The rest was let's look at some guys and things. The Bengals had no answer for the screen with the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team defenses. Again, Preseason so meh. I'm happy with the 1st team line for the most part. Once they actually open things up for the regular season, I expect the offense to get going.
August 27, 20179 yr AD still struggles to find the safety valve RB or TE camped waiting for a quick hit pass for 1st down yardage. He chooses to tuck and run instead for less than 1st down yards. Would like to think we were beyond this at this point in his career. Not sure how good the Redskin d-line will be this season, I did like the protection AD had enabling longer passes. Time will tell...GO BENGALS! Get what you can for McCarron because Driskell is the heir apparent! ( Yes, I just said that ) :thumb:
August 28, 20179 yr Please oh please I beg someone to slap Marvin silly and tell him he needs to assign someone besides him to run his timeouts and clock management strategy at the end of halves / games. It is amazing that he can screw it up every single game. I don't think someone could do worse if they were trying to mess it up
August 28, 20179 yr 1st drive was awesome. After that the ole Bengals showed up. When your offensive starters only manage 1 TD in 3 pre season games you are in trouble. Edited August 28, 20179 yr by mcpapa
August 28, 20179 yr I didn't get to watch the game... How did Dalton fumble? How did Huber lose 8 yards rushing?
August 28, 20179 yr I didn't get to watch the game... How did Dalton fumble? How did Huber lose 8 yards rushing? Huber had a guy on him so fast that instead of kicking the ball and having it blocked he did a behind-the-back move with the ball (quite entertaining) and then had no choice but to run.
August 28, 20179 yr AD still struggles to find the safety valve RB or TE camped waiting for a quick hit pass for 1st down yardage. He chooses to tuck and run instead for less than 1st down yards. Would like to think we were beyond this at this point in his career. Not sure how good the Redskin d-line will be this season, I did like the protection AD had enabling longer passes. Time will tell...GO BENGALS! Get what you can for McCarron because Driskell is the heir apparent! ( Yes, I just said that ) :thumb: This gets back to my argument that Dalton is great at his pre snap reads. However when people take away his primary target based off his pre snap read he struggles. I'm told I am wrong on that though.
August 28, 20179 yr This gets back to my argument that Dalton is great at his pre snap reads. However when people take away his primary target based off his pre snap read he struggles. I'm told I am wrong on that though. Says who? ============= On tangent (cause this is the preseason) I really liked Fox's Video and Audio Presentation. More and more I want to stay home and watch.
August 28, 20179 yr Says who? ============= On tangent (cause this is the preseason) I really liked Fox's Video and Audio Presentation. More and more I want to stay home and watch. Quite a few people on here that I got in a debate about on this subject last year. Dalton is truly great with pre snap reads and why he has such a quick release. He knows where to go usually based off pre snap. His struggles come when teams take his first pre snap target reads away. Which usually comes against better teams. When you watch games you hardly see Dalton come off one receiver and find another. It's usually his first pre snap read target or nothing at all. Luckily he is really good at his pre snap reads though and plus having AJ Green and Eifert helps out too.
August 28, 20179 yr This gets back to my argument that Dalton is great at his pre snap reads. However when people take away his primary target based off his pre snap read he struggles. I'm told I am wrong on that though. I have always said he locks in on his primary and just another reason I like AJ as AJ showed several times today he is pretty good when it comes to check downs.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.