Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 42 Cooper 22

Featured Replies

All is better in Ft Thomas, atleast for now. I hope they focus on the positive side of this win.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great start for the birds. Way to go

Offense looked good with Schwlabach at RB. QB just needs to build his confidence. Once he gets his confidence the offense is going to be good. Schwalbach looks like he could be the starter but I like to see that the RB position has 2 solid backs (Wilson and Schwalbach). Defense has a bit of nastiness to them. That nastiness has been lacking for a few years now. Glad to see the defense flying to the ball, playing fast, and attacking. When Huddleston gets back they are going to be deep. Mason Schwalbach played great at linebacker and looks like he could be a key player on defense.

Here is what I took away from the game. Both teams struggled mightily and both will have a long season. The score was not indicitive of what you'll see

this year from both I'm afraid. HHS outlasted Cooper thanks to about 5-6 Ints. 4 of them within about a 10 min period in the 2nd half which led to about 28 of HHS points. I think the first half was

more telling on what both teams had to offer.

 

Cooper moving Armour from WR last year to QB this year looked like it will be a work in progress. One of the issues is taking him from being a WR took away one of the better set of hands Cooper had and unfortunately he doesn't have anyone now dependable enough to throw too. Out of his 5-6 Ints 4 of them bounced off the receivers hands or chest. It looked like a tip drill the entire night. Without a passing game Cooper will have to find something else that works.

 

Highlands didn't have much of a running game nor did Cooper until both DLines wore down. Both teams are playing a lot of players both ways and once the lines wore down it was a free for all. This will improve just like it did last season.

 

What I did like was Coopers backup QB tnrows a nice ball, pretty accurate and Coopers backup rb was pretty impressive once he got to play in the 4th. Had some great cuts and a couple nice long runs including I think a 47 yd TD. Borchers is one of the best coaches around so I know he'll get things going in the right direction. I myself am not a great coach lol so who knows if I'd make the right calls. I do think however their backup qb throwing to Armour might be something I'd like to see before the year is out.

 

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Any win is a good win. Birds have a lot to clean up, but there are a lot of things to like. Logan Sieple is a wedge-busting beast. The defense is very solid. Schwalbach runs, well, like the same hard-nosed runner we've come to expect. Keep working Birds!

Is Logan number 28 or something like that? I was doing chains last night and was in awe every kick watching him run full blast right into the wedge. I haven't seen that hard of a hitting wedge buster this side of college ball. That kid is a beast. I'm willing to bet with that hitting on kicks he will surely cause more than a few opposing players to see the total eclipse of Friday Nights. I was highly impressed

Oh, I did want to add one last comment. #14 (McClane) for Cooper made

one of the best CB plays I've ever seen at this level last night. He is going to be fun to watch this season. He saved a TD early literally by punching the ball away as he had to do a 180 at the very last split second as he was able to punch the ball away which I thought he'd never have a chance at. It was amazing and can't believe no one in here mentioned that play. It was

phenominal.

Here is what I took away from the game. Both teams struggled mightily and both will have a long season. The score was not indicitive of what you'll see

this year from both I'm afraid. HHS outlasted Cooper thanks to about 5-6 Ints. 4 of them within about a 10 min period in the 2nd half which led to about 28 of HHS points. I think the first half was

more telling on what both teams had to offer.

 

Cooper moving Armour from WR last year to QB this year looked like it will be a work in progress. One of the issues is taking him from being a WR took away one of the better set of hands Cooper had and unfortunately he doesn't have anyone now dependable enough to throw too. Out of his 5-6 Ints 4 of them bounced off the receivers hands or chest. It looked like a tip drill the entire night. Without a passing game Cooper will have to find something else that works.

 

Highlands didn't have much of a running game nor did Cooper until both DLines wore down. Both teams are playing a lot of players both ways and once the lines wore down it was a free for all. This will improve just like it did last season.

 

What I did like was Coopers backup QB tnrows a nice ball, pretty accurate and Coopers backup rb was pretty impressive once he got to play in the 4th. Had some great cuts and a couple nice long runs including I think a 47 yd TD. Borchers is one of the best coaches around so I know he'll get things going in the right direction. I myself am not a great coach lol so who knows if I'd make the right calls. I do think however their backup qb throwing to Armour might be something I'd like to see before the year is out.

 

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

 

Thanks for pointing out the bolded. That paints a different picture than what one may think when first hearing of the number of interceptions. The QB can't be blamed for that (you obviously are not, HB).

 

Was the backup running back you mention Chris Collins? He is a tough kid and seems to get the job done.

Highlands is improved and Cooper dropped off. A lot changes every 12 months.

Thanks for pointing out the bolded. That paints a different picture than what one may think when first hearing of the number of interceptions. The QB can't be blamed for that (you obviously are not, HB).

 

Was the backup running back you mention Chris Collins? He is a tough kid and seems to get the job done.

Collins split tone with Schlarman in the backfield most of the first 3 qtrs. He is a fun back to watch but he is soooo small I'm afraid everytime he gets hit especially on kick returns. He took some punishing hits. I think he is 130lbs soaking wet.

 

The backup RB I was referring to was Witchev. Really had a good game. I think he's only a sophomore. He really showed me a lot. And if you remember the scrimmage last week against your Boone, he had his name called a lot as he also plays safety.

 

Yea, I thought for those not at the game

may want to hear what actually happened with the INT's. Like I said, the 1st half was

more indicative of what both teams had to offer. Was 9-7 Cooper until last 30 secs of the half. Both teams looked even and it was who could last longer in the trenches.

Congratulations to Highlands on winning impressively.

Highlands is improved and Cooper dropped off. A lot changes every 12 months.
I think the same was said by many people exactly a year ago after Cooper let their lead slip away when they got worn down and HHS ran away with the W. we all remember how that season turned out.

 

I would use the exact same

caution this year with HHS if I were you.

 

If you are using last nignts game as a barometer of how the Bluebirds will do this year I wouldn't get too excited. Both teams

have an uphill battle from here on out. I wish both the best but I don't predict any of these teams having a memorable season this year for the good. Cooper is so young and HHS also looked young. Best of luck to to both teams the rest of the way but I think CCH isn't worried about either one of thear teams when they play them this year.

Collins split tone with Schlarman in the backfield most of the first 3 qtrs. He is a fun back to watch but he is soooo small I'm afraid everytime he gets hit especially on kick returns. He took some punishing hits. I think he is 130lbs soaking wet.

 

The backup RB I was referring to was Witchev. Really had a good game. I think he's only a sophomore. He really showed me a lot. And if you remember the scrimmage last week against your Boone, he had his name called a lot as he also plays safety.

 

Yea, I thought for those not at the game

may want to hear what actually happened with the INT's. Like I said, the 1st half was

more indicative of what both teams had to offer. Was 9-7 Cooper until last 30 secs of the half. Both teams looked even and it was who could last longer in the trenches.

 

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Witschey is a quick back and has always played right with the class ahead of him. The next three years should be good for him.

How many turnovers were there?

I agree that an easy win over this Cooper team does not give us any indication of how this HHS team will do. They're both too young. We'll learn more this week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.