Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michigan school cancels season for 0-4 start.

Featured Replies

Hard to tell, without seeing but the first year coach, stated his opinion and you have to give him the benefit of doubt, if playing is unsafe....

 

Tobin, a first-year coach, defended his decision.

 

"I have 28 years of coaching experience in high school and college, and I know the difference between a team playing bad and a team that's unsafe," he said.

 

No one would want this to happen but right decisions, are not always the popular one either.

That's horrible... I can't believe they'd let their kids down like that.

I agree. Perhaps the coach came in thinking he was going to change everything at once and canceled the season as HIS ego was hurt?

 

(Senior quarterback Mike Gondek pleaded with the school board to reconsider the school's Sept. 19 decision to cancel the remaining games.

 

"All I ever wanted to do was play football," Gondek said. "My teammates never felt so unsafe that we didn't want to be out there.")

I can't imagine how "unsafe" it must be before I would OK the season being cancelled.

The school's grant application for a crumb-glass surface for their field was approved, although school officials aren't sure what's leading to the multiple injuries. I think the coach said the leather helmets were in good working order also.

 

:rolleyes:

  • Author
I can't imagine how "unsafe" it must be before I would OK the season being cancelled.

 

 

My thoughts exactly. The kids surely have the proper equipment, and I'm sure they're playing against kids their age. It's not like we're talking about a Cov. Latin competing in high school football.

In the mid 70's, I think a coach at Male resigned rather than play his district schedule with the very undermanned team of freshmen and sophmores. Another coach took the team. If my memory on this isn't right, maybe one of the Male folks can correct me. It was an extreme reaction to a very dificult situation. There are some examples of extreme mismatches that may be unsafe. It is important for the coaches of the dominant school to help as best they can by controlling their own team.

That's the part of Michigan that's home to the Bay City "Blackcats"...

 

Gotta LOVE their mascot !!

The guy has been coaching for 27 years and he didn't know this prior to the start of the season???

That's the part of Michigan that's home to the Bay City "Blackcats"...

 

Gotta LOVE their mascot !!

You guys aren't calling it quits tonight are you? :D

I'm speachless!!!!!!!

 

 

Me too...:confused:

 

Could any of them transfer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.