Does Bracken County deserve to be at the 10 spot in the preseason rankings?

Bac2369

Does it really matter?

Only live competition will prove the projection correct or incorrect.

If being "Pre-season ranked Number 10 in 1A" equates to an accomplishment, earned last year and through the off-season then wear the title proudly. However, it is certainly not the only thing that you want to talk about at the awards banquet.

I'm happy to see Dave Brausch coaching the Polar Bears. He is an old "Red Devil" (Junior High days) and has always been a good friend. We (Brossart) wish the Polar Bears well and look forward to another spirited encounter again this year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With what we have coming back I wouldn't be surprised to see 50 on the board against Paris this year. They couldn't stop us last year and we're better this year.

Need the name of that tattoo artist?

I don't think it makes much sense to have a Top 10 in 1A. The top 5-6 teams in 1A would put a running clock on the rest of 1A.

In last year's 1A playoff regional title games involving the top 8 teams, not one game was a running clock. The week before in round 2 of the playoffs, only one of the games involving the top 6 teams was a running clock game.

In last year's 1A playoff regional title games involving the top 8 teams, not one game was a running clock. The week before in round 2 of the playoffs, only one of the games involving the top 6 teams was a running clock game.

Yeah you kind of proved my point...If Top 5 teams play each other, its not going to be a running clock. When Top 5 teams play teams outside, it more than likely is going to be a blow out or a running clock.

The Regional Title Game Scores were

48-12, 42-7, 21-14, 42-19 One RC, One game a point away from RC

In the Second round scores were

57-7, 43-36, 56-6, 44-0, 48-26, 49-14 56-31, 49-6

4 RC's and one game a point a way from a RC.

First round

62-6, 49-14, 49-16,42-6, 53-16, 38-12, 56-6, 47-21, 34-22, 59-7, 69-6,55-24, 69-14, 55-3 Eight Running Clocks, 3 Games with a 1-4points till Running Clock.

So in the first three rounds of 1A playoffs you only had 3-4 competitive games out 26...

Yeah you kind of proved my point...If Top 5 teams play each other, its not going to be a running clock. When Top 5 teams play teams outside, it more than likely is going to be a blow out or a running clock.

The Regional Title Game Scores were

48-12, 42-7, 21-14, 42-19 One RC, One game a point away from RC

In the Second round scores were

57-7, 43-36, 56-6, 44-0, 48-26, 49-14 56-31, 49-6

4 RC's and one game a point a way from a RC.

First round

62-6, 49-14, 49-16,42-6, 53-16, 38-12, 56-6, 47-21, 34-22, 59-7, 69-6,55-24, 69-14, 55-3 Eight Running Clocks, 3 Games with a 1-4points till Running Clock.

So in the first three rounds of 1A playoffs you only had 3-4 competitive games out 26...

1. How does that compare with other classes? I don't think it is much different in most of the other classes.

2. You said running clock games and more than half of the games in round two and the semi finals were not running clock games. I think every class has a divide between the top 10 and the rest of the class.

1. How does that compare with other classes? I don't think it is much different in most of the other classes.

2. You said running clock games and more than half of the games in round two and the semi finals were not running clock games. I think every class has a divide between the top 10 and the rest of the class.

I'd say 5A is the most solid class come playoffs. 1A and 6A are about the same since everyone makes it. Third place in the Paintsville,Raceland, Fairview district would be a 1 seed in the Nicholas, Paris, Bracken Berea district "most" years. 1A has 30 teams, 3 teams were winless last year, 1 one team had one win(Fulton City vs Fulton County) and those could of been predicted before the season. Just because you're in the Top 10 doesn't mean you're a quality team. You have a 33 percent chance of being a Top 10 team in 1A just by being in 1A. That's the highest out of any division. If Bracken, Nicholas, Paris played Paintsville/Hazard/Raceland this Friday it would be a running clock.

I'm not sure "deserve" really has anything to do with pre-season rankings. There is nothing earned about them. Just a collection of thoughts about a whole lot of unknowns.

Try are earned though, It's why we see all of the state championship at #1. You judge that by what's returning, tradition, etc...The majority of the Top 5 are the Top 5 in every poll.

The Top 10 Class ranking in KY Football is relative to everyone gets a trophy in my opinion. It made more sense with 4 Classes.

I'd say 5A is the most solid class come playoffs. 1A and 6A are about the same since everyone makes it. Third place in the Paintsville,Raceland, Fairview district would be a 1 seed in the Nicholas, Paris, Bracken Berea district "most" years. 1A has 30 teams, 3 teams were winless last year, 1 one team had one win(Fulton City vs Fulton County) and those could of been predicted before the season. Just because you're in the Top 10 doesn't mean you're a quality team. You have a 33 percent chance of being a Top 10 team in 1A just by being in 1A. That's the highest out of any division. If Bracken, Nicholas, Paris played Paintsville/Hazard/Raceland this Friday it would be a running clock.

Nicholas and Raceland played last year, and Nicholas had Raceland on the ropes for awhile until a few penalties and ejections swung momentum.

This year may be different, but it was by no means a bloodbath.