BluegrassPreps Class 5A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

In response....the kids replacing some of the starters from last year are better, much better at their positions. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

More kids will go both ways this year especially exceptional athletes like Griffin Huber, Michael Dunn, Cooper Schwalbach, etc

In response to the schedule...it is grueling but I still see some wins in there and it really only matters when it comes time to play your class.

6A Cooper- Win

6A Campbell County - 50/50

4A Scott Loss

2A Lex Cath Win

6A Simon Kenton 50/50

5A Dixie Height WIN

5A CovCath 50/50

5A Greenwood WIN

6A Boone County WIN

That is 5 wins plus 3 games where it could go either way IMO so they have potential to right the ship this season. Will they be the Highlands teams in the past where they outscored their opponents 60-20 on avg? NO But this team will earn some victories that I think many on here thought they would lose.

On that subject, I'm scratching my head as to why you think the birds will lose to Scott. Scott will be better than they were last year. But i don't think they'll be better than the birds.

If Dixies defense gels early in the season, that game to me will be 50/50 if not a Dixie W. As for the covcath game, I'll predict a loss. I'm looking forward to seeing how the birds players handle double duty. Hoping for the birds to get back on a good foot this season, except for when they play Dixie Heights! :thumb:

And i hope Michael Dunn has a fantastic season. Great young man and family!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On that subject, I'm scratching my head as to why you think the birds will lose to Scott. Scott will be better than they were last year. But i don't think they'll be better than the birds.

If Dixies defense gels early in the season, that game to me will be 50/50 if not a Dixie W. As for the covcath game, I'll predict a loss. I'm looking forward to seeing how the birds players handle double duty. Hoping for the birds to get back on a good foot this season, except for when they play Dixie Heights! :thumb:

And i hope Michael Dunn has a fantastic season. Great young man and family!

It is Scott County not Scott. That was a typo.

In response....the kids replacing some of the starters from last year are better, much better at their positions. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

More kids will go both ways this year especially exceptional athletes like Griffin Huber, Michael Dunn, Cooper Schwalbach, etc

In response to the schedule...it is grueling but I still see some wins in there and it really only matters when it comes time to play your class.

6A Cooper- Win

6A Campbell County - 50/50

4A Scott Loss

2A Lex Cath Win

6A Simon Kenton 50/50

5A Dixie Height WIN

5A CovCath 50/50

5A Greenwood WIN

6A Boone County WIN

That is 5 wins plus 3 games where it could go either way IMO so they have potential to right the ship this season. Will they be the Highlands teams in the past where they outscored their opponents 60-20 on avg? NO But this team will earn some victories that I think many on here thought they would lose.

50/50 on the SK/Highlands game? SK can pick the score that game.

Q I hope you are right about the Birds, I would love to see them right back in the mix and it would be great for 5A.

I think this is Covington Catholic's year but if I had to pick I will take the Purple Kool-Aid.

Southwestern has filled their open date in week zero with a game against Northwest High School from Clarksville Tn.

What date and location will this game be played? There is still no update on the Southwestern schedule on the KHSAA site.

I think CovCath wins 5A.

I would like to see it happen.

And on Highlands everyone, if I am reading the tea leaves right we have Highlands ranked #18 in 5A to start the season.

With that said, I expect the Birds to move up but they are going to have to earn it.

The sad facts for Highlands fans are 2015 8-6, 2016 3-8. That makes this senior class 11-14, a losing record, entering their senior season. There's some more bulletin board material, but facts are facts.

Where Highlands will get the benefit of their program history is if they go out and put up a couple impressive wins early, they will shoot up the rankings much faster than most schools would. If they want to get into the top 10, they need to win their first two games.

The 2018 college offers thread is littered with players from Doss. It appears they have as much talent as anyone in this class, despite going 6-6 last year.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/2018-college-football-346063.html

They've got to be one of the most intriguing teams in the state. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

If everything falls into place, are they a viable threat to win the 5A title?

Wow....no respect for the Bluebirds. What have you done for me lately I guess?

The Bluebirds have a lot of good athletes and with some new Defensive schemes I look for them to be much better than last season.

IMO no way Dixie should be ranked before the Birds but this is awesome locker room material for the Birds.

I'm sure it's only because the Red Colonels happened to get the win last year. I think the Bluebirds will be much improved for 2017.

The 2018 college offers thread is littered with players from Doss. It appears they have as much talent as anyone in this class, despite going 6-6 last year.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/2018-college-football-346063.html

They've got to be one of the most intriguing teams in the state. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

If everything falls into place, are they a viable threat to win the 5A title?

Doss is certainly an intriguing team. They have the talent to play with anyone in the class and then some. The early matchups with South Oldham and Male in weeks one and two will help prep them for the rest of the season.