Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VanHoose First D-1 Commitment of Season

Featured Replies

Russell Senior Jonathan VanHoose signed this afternoon with the University of Evansville.

 

UE is a member of the Missouri Valley Conference (considered mid to high major D-1.) Last season four MVC schools earned bids to the NCAA Championship with two schools (Wichita State and Bradley) reaching the Sweet 16.

 

Schools in the conference: Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Evansville, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, SW Missouri State, Wichita State.

 

Congratulations Jo! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

This should take a little pressure off of your senior season, and make things more interesting.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!! :thumb: It is always great to see a local kid move on to the next level. It looks as if his hard work has paid off.

Congrats to Hoose. I have played against him and have seen him play numerous times. Good luck to him in the future.

Whatever happened to former Frankfort HS star Tory Robertson? I know Tory signed and played his first year at Evansville, but I haven't heard anything since.

Whatever happened to former Frankfort HS star Tory Robertson? I know Tory signed and played his first year at Evansville, but I haven't heard anything since.

 

I heard he has appeared in the Johnson Center at UK playing pickup ball.

Its not a signing period yet, is it? I assume he verbaled.

 

What is his relation to JR?

Its not a signing period yet, is it? I assume he verbaled.

 

What is his relation to JR?

I think you are corect. I also heard that he had a verbal commitment as of today.

Congrats to one of the top shooters (if not the top?) in the state!

The kid can pull it up off the dribble!:thumb:

The 16th doesnt get too many of these, my guess is the whole state will be in single digits for 2007

He can't sign until November, so I'm sure it's a verbal committment.

 

Congrats to the kid, he's worked hard and deserves it. I think Evansville is a great choice for him, and the conference produces quality basketball teams.

This is great... isnt this the sharpshooter from EKY? Congrats J van hoose.

Great news! I coached his two older brothers. I didn't coach Jonathon and he goes D-1. That should tell you something.

Whatever happened to former Frankfort HS star Tory Robertson? I know Tory signed and played his first year at Evansville, but I haven't heard anything since.

 

Tory signed with Evansville but I don't think he ever even put on a practice uniform for them.

 

Last year he was at UK - I don't know if he is again this year or not.

This is great... isnt this the sharpshooter from EKY? Congrats J van hoose.

Yes, Vanhoose plays at Russell. Great shooter and all around player along with being a great student & person.

Congrats to Jonathan!! One of the best shooters I've seen the last few years, and I love how he can shot on the move. Good luck at Evansville!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.