Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VanHoose First D-1 Commitment of Season

Featured Replies

I would say a verbal is as "good" as a signing in this instance. The signing is just a formality

 

 

Oh, I would to. I was just clearing up what they were talking about in previous post.

 

I'm sooooo glad for Jonathan. He's a great kid who I KNEW would play D-1 ball somewhere and Evansville is great. If you saw him play everyday there was would be no doubt in your mind this kid was D-1 material. No Doubt about it. Congrats to Jonathan and now he can concentrate on his senior season and making it back to Rupp. Where has Shooter been? I haven't seen him on BGP in a long while.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how many other schools in the state have (2) d-1 committments at this point? Russell has 2, Vanhoose and Fortman,

with probally more to come, (Okoro, (track) Gill,(track) and maybe Clark (football)

That is a pretty talented class:thumb:

Rose Hill has Queen and Terry is weighing her options. She will commit at some point. Not bad for 80 students.

Russell Senior Jonathan VanHoose signed this afternoon with the University of Evansville.

 

UE is a member of the Missouri Valley Conference (considered mid to high major D-1.) Last season four MVC schools earned bids to the NCAA Championship with two schools (Wichita State and Bradley) reaching the Sweet 16.

 

Schools in the conference: Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Evansville, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, SW Missouri State, Wichita State.

 

Congratulations Jo! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

This should take a little pressure off of your senior season, and make things more interesting.

Your qoute of takeing the pressure off your senior season is dead on. My son has been heavily recruited this past year in baseball. he gave a verbal and it stops. It stops , like now, he can now enjoy his senior season. These guys will sign officially in November..is the signing period. Congradulations to this young man on D-1, its quite the honor. As we well know.:dancingpa
  • Author
Your qoute of takeing the pressure off your senior season is dead on. My son has been heavily recruited this past year in baseball. he gave a verbal and it stops. It stops , like now, he can now enjoy his senior season. These guys will sign officially in November..is the signing period. Congradulations to this young man on D-1, its quite the honor. As we well know.:dancingpa
Congratulations to you and your son. :thumb:
Anyone?

 

No relation. He's Stephen Vanhoose's brother, which formerly played for Ashland and then Rose Hill

Rose Hill has Queen and Terry is weighing her options. She will commit at some point. Not bad for 80 students.

Your right, very Impressive, and very deserving for two girls that work as hard as anyone in the region!:thumb:

I guess maybe this class of 2007 may set a record for the 16th region on d-1 athletic scholarhips, its something somebody should look up:thumb:

No relation. He's Stephen Vanhoose's brother, which formerly played for Ashland and then Rose Hill

I don't remember a Stephen Vanhoose who ever played for Ashland?

When was that? I do remember a Trey, hard working player who played with Salyers and Cooksey

I don't remember a Stephen Vanhoose who ever played for Ashland?

When was that? I do remember a Trey, hard working player who played with Salyers and Cooksey

 

I think he just played his freshman and soph years, though Im not completely sure. Im sure a Rose Hill poster could tell you, if not I'll ask him next time I see him. Transfered to RH sometime after Mayo and crew arrived. Trey is the oldest of the three.

I'm BACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

 

Congrats JO!

 

:dancingpa

October 15 is just about here and now shooterx3 returns. What more could we ask for? The "give and take" can't be far behind.

Vanhoose is a good player and I believe he will carry Russell to a repeat in the 16th

October 15 is just about here and now shooterx3 returns. What more could we ask for? The "give and take" can't be far behind.

I'm ready for another season of gut wrenching, tattoo inflicting, cubster beating calls, just give me the ball and put me in coach!:thumb:

Kentucky's 2nd d-1 committment for 2007 who signed with IUPUI

Twany plays for Louisville Ballard and not coincidentally, both of Kentucky's d-1 signees so far this season played for the Derek Smith All Stars, the program that gets more scholarships for kids in their program than any other aau program (by far):thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.