Open Job: Bowling Green

Lets all hope so as it is not good for these kids to move around to different schools. They need to stay and make a home in one place

My folks in BG are insisting he is staying but they could have bad info. Time will tell. I hope he stays at BG also but if he heads to a prep school I can't fault him for that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked if he's the best coach in state and someone asked if I was joking. I think he's in the top 3-4. I was wondering if anybody thought he was the best, I think he was the best coach west of Louisville.

Oh I see it now. I'm not sure I would go best coach in the state but he's earned the right to be in the discussion for sure.

I asked if he's the best coach in state and someone asked if I was joking. I think he's in the top 3-4. I was wondering if anybody thought he was the best, I think he was the best coach west of Louisville.

Are you saying this past year or total body of work?

Total body of work. He's been to the state tournament a ton and has dominated the 4th for awhile.

I don't really want to be having this discussion, but on total body of work, he is not better than Tim Riley, who is still active in the west. Tim worked him over when they were heads up in the region, dominated the region even more than Sherrill did, and has been to the state tournament nine times - Sherrill has been six. There's nothing DG has over him.

Yes, I agree he is a very good coach. But look at the talent level that he has had. A lot of coaches in the state, (probably 10 or 15) if they were to have the talent that he had probably would have won state title more than once. Terry Taylor, Kyran Jones, DeAngelo Wilson, Zion Harmon, even Trey Jones would have been super stars on other teams, possibly region player of the year if in another region.

DG was very good at managing all the egos and a good coach. But for me, he was 3rd best in the region.... just my opinion. A great high school coach takes 1 or 2 ball players, and then a handful of average athletes and wins with them. Not a college roster and wins...

Guest fogdog.com

DG won with what he had, good coach, has a ring. Will see if who they get can do better?