Open Job: Bowling Green

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost left for Bryan Station two years ago.

I think if Matlock hadn't been coming back for his senior year then Haworth would've gone to Station, I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in the BG job.

From the standpoint a job as a basketball coach, not taking anything else into consideration, I think he's probably better off where he is. Just my personal opinion. Now I'm sure there's a blue million other factors that I'm not aware of that would come into play in making a decision like that, so my opinion is specifically concerning the BS job and potential of the program.

I think if Matlock hadn't been coming back for his senior year then Haworth would've gone to Station, I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in the BG job.

Agree. Though he does have Jalen and Shorty coming back this year. Of course there are rumors about Jalen potentially moving to louisville so perhaps that is a factor. But after this year, with all that hoptown loses, the cupbard will be fairly bare. As they tend to do in the 8th district, things are starting to shift away from hoptown.

Guest fogdog.com

If all of his players and return for the season Hoptown will again be the team to beat in the Second Region. there might be some that do not play as their grades might not be good to be able to play and there is always injuries and they have been lucky in the last few years. I look for him to stay as this is very late for a big change but you never know what he would be offered?

If all of his players and return for the season Hoptown will again be the team to beat in the Second Region. there might be some that do not play as their grades might not be good to be able to play and there is always injuries and they have been lucky in the last few years. I look for him to stay as this is very late for a big change but you never know what he would be offered?

Biggest issue I have heard is that Johnson may be considering a transfer to louisville... And after this year, things don't look as bright for us. So, would he have a shot at a job at a state title type job next year? Would one be open?

Guest fogdog.com

Johnson is not going to Louisville, why would he go as Hoptown plays a good of a schedule as any team in the state. He might not be the big fish in Louisville as he is here?

Johnson is not going to Louisville, why would he go as Hoptown plays a good of a schedule as any team in the state. He might not be the big fish in Louisville as he is here?

The RUMOR is that he is considering playing basketball for the new elite prep team that has formed there. Again, it's just a rumor. No idea if true.

The RUMOR is that he is considering playing basketball for the new elite prep team that has formed there. Again, it's just a rumor. No idea if true.

What is the name of the Prep School and is it open this year? Let me know. I'd love a thread on it. I imagine if it opens this year there will be some teams losing some high quality players.