Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Millennials Leaving the Church

Featured Replies

That's why I go to Mass in Latin. Same every time. Don't have to worry about what the priest is saying or how he's saying it because I already know. Just pray the Mass.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get some of you wanting a more dynamic priest/reverend/etc, but it's an extremely lazy and poor excuse to leave the church. And, at the end of the day, that's all it is. An excuse.

 

If someone genuinely cannot understand what the priest is saying and puts forth a valid effort to try to understand him over several Sundays, I can understand saying, "How about we give Saint Barfulfarf down the street a try?"

 

My pastor is the Judicial Vicar of the Archdiocese and when he is traveling because of the position, the substitute priest will sometimes be a Priest from the Order from India and I admit, when I get lost in what he is saying, it is easy to start day dreaming instead of staying engaged with the mass.

I didn't say I left the church; i just stopped going to that particular church.

 

Didn't mean you, I figured you didn't leave the church. I was referring to those that think it's a reason as to why millennials are leaving the church.

If someone genuinely cannot understand what the priest is saying and puts forth a valid effort to try to understand him over several Sundays, I can understand saying, "How about we give Saint Barfulfarf down the street a try?"

 

My pastor is the Judicial Vicar of the Archdiocese and when he is traveling because of the position, the substitute priest will sometimes be a Priest from the Order from India and I admit, when I get lost in what he is saying, it is easy to start day dreaming instead of staying engaged with the mass.

 

I'd rather give the priest a better chance then that, like I did. I'm glad I did, he turned out to be fantastic.

That's why I go to Mass in Latin. Same every time. Don't have to worry about what the priest is saying or how he's saying it because I already know. Just pray the Mass.

 

Good point!

That's why I go to Mass in Latin. Same every time. Don't have to worry about what the priest is saying or how he's saying it because I already know. Just pray the Mass.

 

LOL Getslow - great perspective!

  • Author
The most shocking part of this thread.

 

Now, now, Bert. :sneaky: I probably watch more CBN and TBN than 95% of the folks on here. I even watch the "classic" episodes from back in the eighties.

That's why I go to Mass in Latin. Same every time. Don't have to worry about what the priest is saying or how he's saying it because I already know. Just pray the Mass.

But he doesn't give the homily in Latin. A good homily, to me, really adds to the Mass.

The Diocese of Covington just shuffled the deck in our deanery. Our priest (who was bit old-fashioned, but somewhat young) is headed to a bigger parish. We are getting an even younger guy. Some people are going to be anxious, but at the end of the day, Christ is still present on that altar no matter who is presiding at the Mass.

I don't know if I count as "leaving the church," but I don't go to the church that I was raised in anymore.

 

Reason being, I like my new church a lot more. I think I get more out of the church that I go to, plus I'm more connected than I was to the previous church.

 

I think some churches are uninviting. I don't mean it as a knock, just my opinion.

But he doesn't give the homily in Latin. A good homily, to me, really adds to the Mass.

 

And a bad one that isn't engaging or to the point will leave you pondering the paint on the ceiling.

And a bad one that isn't engaging or to the point will leave you pondering the paint on the ceiling.

 

A good reason to make your home church the Sistine Chapel.

A good reason to make your home church the Sistine Chapel.

 

A bit too much of a commute for me each Sunday morning. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.