Somerset @ Williamsburg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba figures the Jackets will be geared up and ready to rumble come Friday night. There is one thing you can count on and that is this will be a hard hitting game. That Tommy Frazier youngin might be the most effective QB in the district and should have a dual with the QB for them Jumpers. Somerset will have had two weeks to prepare and rest up for this battle so that is a big plus in their favor. Another aspect people have to consider is the Hamblin kid for Williamsburg. He has to be one of the best receivers in the district along with Cole from Somerset....should be a fine game to view. If my wifey, Sweetness will allow me a yard pass I may venture down to Rose Stanfill Stadium and catch this one live. She likes to keep a close on watch on ol Bubba's activities....especially if I get that close to Jellico...but that is another story...I will take Williamsburg 42 Somerset 38 in a shootout.

Home field advantage seems to rule this series as of late. I know it is certainly difficult to come out of Somerset with a victory at any level. Maybe the Jackets will benefit from the friendly confines of Finley Legion field. Somerset should win easily, but Williamsburg will not back down. This would be a huge feather in the hat for Coach Herron and staff...A win shows they are a contender...a big loss shows they are a pretender...something tells me it might be closer than most expect.

Although Williamsburg has not played a demanding schedule, I believe that too many people are underestimating the Jackets..............I'll have to go with Somerset in a close game with Cole being the difference.

Somerset 35 - Williamsburg 28

I don't think that everyone realizes what a great team sommerset has! They started slow but with that schedule who could blame them. Now that they are in the district play it will be like Corbin in their district, they will win every game.

No offense to any other team in the district, they are just that good! But of course they should be since they are playing 3A football next year.