Kentucky High School Football Helmets: F- thru G-

Didn't Greenwood used to have maroon more heavily involved in their color scheme?

My memory sometimes fails, but I think yes. They used to use the GB Packers "G" as well. Was about 6-7 years ago. May have worn that in their state SF year.

If I were them I would be careful using anything that is used by Mizzou. They watchdog their logos and workmarks pretty seriously. I read a few articles on them bringing a lawsuit against a highschool that had used the tiger logo on their field, gym floor, uniforms, etc..... By the time it was all said & done, they were only allowed to keep the one logo in the stadium until they replace the turf then it had to go away. They had to replace all their uniforms etc...... If I can find the article, I will post it. Miami is also very protective, they sued Umatilla High School over the use of the "U" logo.

I worked with CLC, Collegiate Licensing Company to get permission to use a logo of a school they represented & it took several months to get through the legals of it, but in the end safeguarded us from getting sued later down the road. This is definitely one time asking for permission first is better than waiting and asking for forgiveness!

Fern Creek will be changing decals this year, our new uniforms have a darker orange and the FC is a lighter metallic orange with chrome shadow. We will be going with some form of a tiger head logo, likely one of the versions of Missouri's decals. Coach Abell still has about 4-5 different versions he is considering

• 2 months later...
If I were them I would be careful using anything that is used by Mizzou. They watchdog their logos and workmarks pretty seriously. I read a few articles on them bringing a lawsuit against a highschool that had used the tiger logo on their field, gym floor, uniforms, etc..... By the time it was all said & done, they were only allowed to keep the one logo in the stadium until they replace the turf then it had to go away. They had to replace all their uniforms etc...... If I can find the article, I will post it. Miami is also very protective, they sued Umatilla High School over the use of the "U" logo.

I worked with CLC, Collegiate Licensing Company to get permission to use a logo of a school they represented & it took several months to get through the legals of it, but in the end safeguarded us from getting sued later down the road. This is definitely one time asking for permission first is better than waiting and asking for forgiveness!

Coach Abell looked into using Mizzouri's oversized Tiger head logo, and after seeing the licensing fees we are going with the stripes instead. I think it will look better with the new uniforms anyway.

Coach Abell looked into using Mizzouri's oversized Tiger head logo, and after seeing the licensing fees we are going with the stripes instead. I think it will look better with the new uniforms anyway.

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the stripes in today, my first attempt. These may be harder than the Ram horns we had the 9 years I was at Manual. The sheet doesn't tell which stripe goes where so have to look at a picture to do it. I should be pretty good after I do about 75 sets.

image2.JPG

Edited by Pete W

Just got the stripes in today, my first attempt. These may be harder than the Ram horns we had the 9 years I was at Manual. The sheet doesn't tell which stripe goes where so have to look at a picture to do it. I should be pretty good after I do about 75 sets.

[ATTACH]63009[/ATTACH]

Those look awesome, Pete! And you're a better man than I for having the patience to put them all on, haha.

These are hard to install but still not the hardest. A little harder than Ram Horns, but I was at Atherton for 2 years and the first year Coach Satori was there we had the Michigan Wing in metallic gold over a marroon helmet. Those were the old die cut decals think and not very pliable, you couldn't take them up and reapply or stretch around on the helmet very well, by far the hardest decal I had to do, had to remove the face mask of course too. With Manuals we had to remove the face mask and the 4 lower snaps too but the actual decal wasn't bad to apply.

It will be fun applying all the varsity ones before the first game, I'm sure a few coaches will help. Was talking with a coach tonight and one challenge will be that we have 4 different brands of helmets in 9 different styles, and 3 sizes on varsity ( we do have 1 freshman that wears a small).

• 2 years later...
That is the worst batch yet!

With that said, that Fairview helmet is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I like the Fulton County color scheme... Wish they did baby blue facemasks though to match the jersey or at the very least white.

Glasgow is the big loser of the group. It's one thing to steal the Tiger Paw when you are the Tigers or another variation of Cat... but when you are a dog...especially a creative dog such as The Scotties... I expect a little more creativity. Knock off a knock off that everyone knocks off? Not Good.... but to waste an opportunity to be great makes Glasgow one of my least favorite helmet attempts in the State.

I’m a Glasgow fan and they’ve had the paw off and on for several years I personally liked the blue paw on the white helmets a little better but I’m a traditionalist so I love there helmet it seems like everyone wants to go to something extravagant anymore and that’s just not what I like.