UK Football rings for beating UL

PurplePride92

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rings should only be given for Bowl wins, conference titles, or national titles. And unless it's a national championship the rings should be of the inexpensive variety.

UK doesn't need to make fun of Indiana basketball anymore for these type things. A minor Bowl loss and a Governors Cup win does not equal a celebration ring.

It isn't uncommon for teams to put winning their rivalry games on rings. Now giving out a ring and losing a bowl game is a different story...

Here are UC's 08 and '11 Big East Championship rings...Keg of Nails (Lville), Victory Bell (Miami- OH), and River Rivalry (Pitt) trophy all on one side on both rings. (2012 rings went away from the rivalry engravings)

08 big east champs.jpg

2011_BigEastChamps_Rings-w220-03042012.jpg

2012 big east champions.jpg

[ATTACH]61386[/ATTACH]

Now of course UK is saying that these rings are for going to the bowl game but these rings clearly say Governors Cup on the side of the them and make zero mention of the bowl game they were in. I'm confused. Which is it? UL victory rings or bowl game rings that don't mention the bowl game?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Crean now on Stoops' staff?

OK, whatever you want to call it, I'm freaking rolling. Is this where I'm supposed to say the hate is real? I mean that's the canned answer anytime a UK fan criticizes UL, or UNC, or Duke, or insert team here.

UK fans are criticizing one of those schools 100% of the time. What are you talking about? :lol2: