UK Football rings for beating UL

PurplePride92

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville's rings in the past haven't mentioned the governor's cup?

I bet they have!

It doesn't look like their Sugar Bowl rings have any mention of the Governors Cup on the rings. It says Big East Champions on it. Sugar Bowl Champions and Back to Back 2011 and 2012 on it.

Check out last years, it's right on the side.

Noles did it too, proclaiming themselves state Champs on their ring with Miami and Florida scores on the rings.

Well that's pretty damn stupid. Participation trophies and I see I am not alone.

"News of the rings, meant to celebrate FSU’s appearance in the Peach Bowl and a 10-win season highlighted by in-state victories over Florida and Miami, has been criticized by fans of both schools and viewed as participation awards."

Well that's pretty damn stupid. Participation trophies and I see I am not alone.

"News of the rings, meant to celebrate FSU’s appearance in the Peach Bowl and a 10-win season highlighted by in-state victories over Florida and Miami, has been criticized by fans of both schools and viewed as participation awards."

Yep its not just pathetic football schools like UK, powers like the Noles and Cards have done it too.

At least Nole fans don't defend the practice so they have that going for them.

It's about recruiting more than anything else. Coaches like to show off a case of rings to recruits, recruits don't care if they are for wins or losses...they ain't looking that close at the rings.

It's about recruiting more than anything else. Coaches like to show off a case of rings to recruits, recruits don't care if they are for wins or losses...they ain't looking that close at the rings.

Not a good look for incoming recruits who don't pay attention. :lol2: