UK Football rings for beating UL

PurplePride92

For winning yes. I learned today apparently they are given out in losing efforts as well.

I had always thought it was part of the perks of making the bowl games. Most teams choose to give them out because the players like the bling. :lol2:

And yes, I agree it's stupid. Conference championships and national championships are the only things rings should be given out for.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, whatever you want to call it, I'm freaking rolling. Is this where I'm supposed to say the hate is real? I mean that's the canned answer anytime a UK fan criticizes UL, or UNC, or Duke, or insert team here.

You can say what you want. I'll criticize any team that celebrates getting rings in a losing scenario. Especially a 7-6 scenario.

You can say what you want. I'll criticize any team that celebrates getting rings in a losing scenario. Especially a 7-6 scenario.
Fair enough, doesn't change the fact this has been going on for years and UK isn't breaking new ground here. For the record I agree that it's dumb but in the grand scheme who gives a rip. If the players like it great, whatever. Like I said it's been going on for years and most on here didn't even know.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Good luck ever being taken seriously. I wonder if this will be on display next to their fictional National Championship trophy? :lol:

While I agree that this is super tacky, do not act like UL doesn't get rings for going to bowl games. A high school friend of mine who played for UL has a ring from 2007, don't remember the bowl game, but they went 6-6 under Kragthorpe.

In the end, no team should ever get rings unless they win the whole darn thing, but I slightly understand conference champions getting rings.

While I agree that this is super tacky, do not act like UL doesn't get rings for going to bowl games. A high school friend of mine who played for UL has a ring from 2007, don't remember the bowl game, but they went 6-6 under Kragthorpe.

This is incorrect. UofL did not go to a bowl under Kragthorpe. So either your friend is lying or it's a different ring.