Your NBA MVP Vote

NBA MVP  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NBA MVP

What do you call a player that takes 35% of his team's shots throughout a season, while shooting only 37% from the floor, and a paltry 22% on 3s? We use to call that guy a Gunner and not the NBA's MVP. His 4-18 in 4th quarter showed me what I have felt for some time......great athlete that perhaps puts hero status ahead of good decision making.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you call a player that takes 35% of his team's shots throughout a season, while shooting only 37% from the floor, and a paltry 22% on 3s? We use to call that guy a Gunner and not the NBA's MVP. His 4-18 in 4th quarter showed me what I have felt for some time......great athlete that perhaps puts hero status ahead of good decision making.

I'm lost, who is shooting 22% on 3's that's being considered for MVP?

Never mind, I see that is Russ's post season numbers.

Those are stats from OKC's team stat page. Was shocked when I saw it about two hours ago. I thought they were for the season, but you are correct...post season only through 3 games

#s .

Edited by Oldercoach
Stupid error by Oldercoach

You do understand that when he went to the bench late in the third quarter the Thunder were up 13 and by the time they could get him back in the game they were up one point? It's easy to see why he took 18 shots once he got back in the game. Not to mention that had those shots gone in his "hero ball" wouldn't have been criticized.

Those are stats from OKC's team stat page. Was shocked when I saw it about two hours ago. Those were his full season stats according to the site.

USA today has him at 42% from the field and 34% on 3s. OKC must have a blip, cause Westbrook could not impress anyone with the original #s .

Did you watch Game 3 and are you watching today?

I know Harden and Westbrook have had monster seasons, but MVP is Lebron James, and he won't get the award. Just best player and I dislike him.....But what he is doing is historic and just seems to go un-noticed somewhat because of monster seasons by players, aka Curry a couple years ago. He continues to dominate the playoffs, win series after series, breaking all kinds of records. I will be shocked if his Cavs are not in the finals again making it about 6 years in a row he's been in the finals I think 7 times total. I know he has been in the East and had some great teammates but no doubt best player in my opinion on the planet.

For the series the Thunder are +3 when Russ is on the floor and -41 when he is off the floor.

Scrub. :lol2:

If there should ever be season that a guy wins the award unanimously, it's this season. Not even a question that he's the most valuable/outstanding/whatever else you wanna call it.

I disagree. Just like Curry wasn't more valuable to the Warriors the past 2 seasons than Lebron was to the Cavs. They just had the best season as a player. I don't consider that to be the same thing as value. I think Russ is behind Lebron, Kawhi, and KD when it comes to value.

The Spurs are great no matter who they have it seems. So value wise I don't think Kawhi is above Westbrook. The Warriors probably still win the West even without KD. So his value for the Warriors is not more than Westbrook. The Cavs still probably are a top 4 team in the East without LeBron. They may struggle currently when he is not in. However if he was not on that team and they were use to playing without him, they would still be a top 4 team in the East.

Likewise if you take Westbrook off the Thunder they suck. Or if you take the Thunder and put them in the East, they become a top 3 seed most likely and a threat to win the East because of Westbrook. This year his value is higher than anyone's, to go along with outstanding play as you say.

I know Harden and Westbrook have had monster seasons, but MVP is Lebron James, and he won't get the award. Just best player and I dislike him.....But what he is doing is historic and just seems to go un-noticed somewhat because of monster seasons by players, aka Curry a couple years ago. He continues to dominate the playoffs, win series after series, breaking all kinds of records. I will be shocked if his Cavs are not in the finals again making it about 6 years in a row he's been in the finals I think 7 times total. I know he has been in the East and had some great teammates but no doubt best player in my opinion on the planet.

Playing in the East is a big reason he has been to the finals so much. If he always played in the West, I think he has only 2 Finals appearances, but wins both of those appearances. I think his 2 title teams in Miami, win it even if they were in the West. All of his other teams don't make it out of the West imo. However that's a whole other debate.

Where were all the people saying Russ's teammates suck when they were up 3-1 on the Warriors last year?

Well, there is a big difference in who one of the teammates was.

If they still had Cameron Payne they would have swept the Rockets.