Your NBA MVP Vote

NBA MVP  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NBA MVP

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spurs are great no matter who they have it seems. So value wise I don't think Kawhi is above Westbrook. The Warriors probably still win the West even without KD. So his value for the Warriors is not more than Westbrook. The Cavs still probably are a top 4 team in the East without LeBron. They may struggle currently when he is not in. However if he was not on that team and they were use to playing without him, they would still be a top 4 team in the East.

Likewise if you take Westbrook off the Thunder they suck. Or if you take the Thunder and put them in the East, they become a top 3 seed most likely and a threat to win the East because of Westbrook. This year his value is higher than anyone's, to go along with outstanding play as you say.

The Cavaliers are a borderline playoff team w/o LBJ I also think Kawhi before all is said in done, will be mentioned as the greatest Spurs player of all time. But to me I don't judge value on the state their own team would be in without them on it. Obviously Westbrook has more marginal value to the thunder because w/o him they have the single worst roster in the league imo. The Warriors have the best roster so it's not really good to compare Russ and KD's value to their own teams. What Russ did this year was incredible, but he kind of had to operate this way for the Thunder to be worth a damn. Lebron and Kawhi could both play that same game Russ did this year at probably a higher efficiency, but they don't have to because it doesn't make sense to play that isolation style of basketball with the makeup of their current rosters. It will be fun to see how Russ plays with Paul George in purple and gold in two years.

The Cavaliers are a borderline playoff team w/o LBJ I also think Kawhi before all is said in done, will be mentioned as the greatest Spurs player of all time. But to me I don't judge value on the state their own team would be in without them on it. Obviously Westbrook has more marginal value to the thunder because w/o him they have the single worst roster in the league imo. The Warriors have the best roster so it's not really good to compare Russ and KD's value to their own teams. What Russ did this year was incredible, but he kind of had to operate this way for the Thunder to be worth a damn. Lebron and Kawhi could both play that same game Russ did this year at probably a higher efficiency, but they don't have to because it doesn't make sense to play that isolation style of basketball with the makeup of their current rosters. It will be fun to see how Russ plays with Paul George in purple and gold in two years.

The Cavs are one of the most talented rosters in the East even without James. Yes they look rough when he doesn't play right now, because they are use to having him.

If they never had him, and got to practice all the time without him to learn how to play without him. Then they would look much better and would be a top 4 team still in the East. The roster even without James is still one of the most talented rosters in the East.

The Cavs are one of the most talented rosters in the East even without James. Yes they look rough when he doesn't play right now, because they are use to having him.

If they never had him, and got to practice all the time without him to learn how to play without him. Then they would look much better and would be a top 4 team still in the East. The roster even without James is still one of the most talented rosters in the East.

They have Love and Kyrie. Outside of that they have role players who are interchangeable with players from just about every other team. I don't think they are better than Boston, Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee, Atlanta, or Chicago without Lebron. Just my opinion though.

They have Love and Kyrie. Outside of that they have role players who are interchangeable with players from just about every other team. I don't think they are better than Boston, Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee, Atlanta, or Chicago without Lebron. Just my opinion though.

Boston is one player and role players. Toronto is 2 players and role players, Chicago is one player and role players, etc. If the Cavs had Irving and Love, and the same supporting cast but no James. They would probably play a different style, and practicing only with that style and knowing how to play without James would make them just as good as many currently in the East.

It's easy to say they wouldn't be good without James when seeing how bad they are when he doesn't play right now. However they are use to having him, so yeah they won't look good currently since they are use to having him.

Quite honestly without James they would be built to play a similar style as the Warriors and more flow in their offense. As great as James is passing. His teams don't have much flow and he needs to dominate the ball to get himself in a flow. He can create his own shot anytime, or get someone up. However It's isolation ball with usually at most one pass after he sets someone up and then a shot. Without him they would have more flow to their offense and could play a similar style as the Warriors. Now they wouldn't be as good as they are with him. However they could play a style to make them a top 4 east team imo. It would just be a different style than they currently play.

Nobody wants to play with him....last year Russ and KD are up 3-1 on Warriors and KD says I'm out....dude is all about himself. Congrats on his MVP, mark it down, will NEVER win a championship, he's selfish

Oh I saw it and when you're a stat stuffer I can see how he would lead in the categories he does. Again 4-18 in fourth quarter, 10-28 in a game you were leading the entire time etc...out first round

Royce Young‏Verified account @royceyoung

The final clutch-time (last five minutes, margin within five either way) numbers, if you're interested:

C9UxK4JUMAA88zq.jpg:large

Oh I saw it and when you're a stat stuffer I can see how he would lead in the categories he does. Again 4-18 in fourth quarter, 10-28 in a game you were leading the entire time etc...out first round

One game....Whoop de do.

And yes, his team will be out in the 1st round. They'd also probably be in serious contention for the #1 pick in the draft wtihout Russ.