Your NBA MVP Vote

NBA MVP  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NBA MVP

To me the supporting casts is what makes Russ more valuable. There are two different levels of value for sure though. OKC doesn't make the playoffs without Russ and the Cavs don't make the NBA Finals without LeBron.

I get what you're saying. There are two levels of valuable. But I'm still going to go with the guy that has made 6 straight finals.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he's done in the past has zero bearing on the current season.

How do you judge value then? Valuable to me is not a good term to use to judge a player on a one year basis. Value is created over time. I'm not denying that Russ didn't have the most impressive season of anyone in the league this year. I'm just saying it should be most outstanding player, not most valuable. The award is being given to the most outstanding player every year anyways. I just want the title changed.

How do you judge value then? Valuable to me is not a good term to use to judge a player on a one year basis. Value is created over time. I'm not denying that Russ didn't have the most impressive season of anyone in the league this year. I'm just saying it should be most outstanding player, not most valuable. The award is being given to the most outstanding player every year anyways. I just want the title changed.

Russ was more valuable to the Thunder this season than LeBron was to the Cavs.

Russ was more valuable to the Thunder this season than LeBron was to the Cavs.

I disagree. Just like Curry wasn't more valuable to the Warriors the past 2 seasons than Lebron was to the Cavs. They just had the best season as a player. I don't consider that to be the same thing as value. I think Russ is behind Lebron, Kawhi, and KD when it comes to value.

Lebron's team underperformed, dropping to the 2 seed ended this discussion.

Lebron's team underperformed, dropping to the 2 seed ended this discussion.

I'm not saying Lebron should win the award this year at all. I'm saying that it should be most outstanding player, not most valuable. Most outstanding does not equal most valuable. We already give it to the most outstanding instead of valuable anyways just need to make it official.

I'm not saying Lebron should win the award this year at all. I'm saying that it should be most outstanding player, not most valuable. Most outstanding does not equal most valuable. We already give it to the most outstanding instead of valuable anyways just need to make it official.

It's never going to happen. It's always a complaint when someones favorite player loses out. Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe have all been in the same boat.

It's never going to happen. It's always a complaint when someones favorite player loses out. Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe have all been in the same boat.

Jordan was the MVP every season he was in the league. But he didn't win it every year. You voted for Kawhi in the poll. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

I hate this award being decided now. The entire (I say entire) regular season is simply a pre-cursor to the playoffs. It is all about strategic positioning with some teams playing for seeding while others non-play for draft position. To name an award, MVP, on this part of the body of work just seems premature to me. Let's deal with this award when the full body of work is over and can more accurately be put in complete context.

I hate this award being decided now. The entire (I say entire) regular season is simply a pre-cursor to the playoffs. It is all about strategic positioning with some teams playing for seeding while others non-play for draft position. To name an award, MVP, on this part of the body of work just seems premature to me. Let's deal with this award when the full body of work is over and can more accurately be put in complete context.

They have an award for the postseason already. NBA Finals MVP.