Your NBA MVP Vote

NBA MVP  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NBA MVP

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's false also. Just because KD is a wuss and doesn't have the desire to beat the best doesn't mean that people don't want to play with Russ. By all accounts his teammates love him and love playing with him.

For me, I don't care about Russ' numbers. I love the way he plays and approaches the game. He plays hard every play. He goes hard every second he is on the floor. He wants to win every game at all times. I love competitors like that. He doesn't take days off for rest in January, February or March because he is tired. When this team has suffered without him on the floor he hasn't thrown his team under the bus he's stood by their side and defended his team every single time. I do think the numbers help his case for MVP and I put more stock in his numbers than James Harden's numbers because Russ' numbers are needed for the Thunder to win. The Rockets don't need Harden to get a triple double to win. OKC needs a triple double from Russ just to have a chance to win.

And you hate Russ and that's cool. I hate MJ, Tim Duncan and Kawhi. MJ is still the best to ever play the game, Tim Duncan is the best or second best PF to ever play and Kawhi is one of the top 5 overall players in the game right now. I still hate all 3 of them and can go one for days and days about how overrated all 3 of them are just to display that hate. Anyone who calls a 6'3 guard who averages double digit rebounds a stat stuffer is letting the hate flow through them. As a long time practitioner of hate I know it when I read it.

Awesome post!

Finally done with all the hype the MVP once again... shoots 2-11 in the 4th quarter...exits first round. Plaque will look good above the fire place during off season. 15-34, another great game by the man. How about involving Abrines a bit more since he can shoot?

Finally done with all the hype the MVP once again... shoots 2-11 in the 4th quarter...exits first round. Plaque will look good above the fire place during off season. 15-34, another great game by the man. How about involving Abrines a bit more since he can shoot?

Oh you mean the scrub that shot 8-23 (34.7%) from the floor and 5-17 (29.4%) from deep in the series? That guy should take more shots? :lol2: :lol2: :lol: I'm rolling over here.

Oh you mean the scrub that shot 8-23 (34.7%) from the floor and 5-17 (29.4%) from deep in the series? That guy should take more shots? :lol2: :lol2: :lol: I'm rolling over here.

Good point....I'll take Russ's 2-11 (18%) any day

I think I saw that last night the Thunder were outscored 27-6 in the six minutes Westbrook did not play.

I know Kanter is like Derek Willis on defense, but the guy can score some buckets yet he barely played the entire series. Was he in the Billy Donovan doghouse for something else?

My only knock on Russ for this entire season and series is how often he shot the three. Just one attempt in their Game 3 win, 12 per game in the four losses. Not that I'd rather Abrines or Vic or Roberson shoot them, but the dude is unstoppable from 18 feet and in.

Other than that personal frustration, I think he's made the best case for MVP of anybody not named LeBron in the last ten years or so.

My only knock on Russ for this entire season and series is how often he shot the three. Just one attempt in their Game 3 win, 12 per game in the four losses. Not that I'd rather Abrines or Vic or Roberson shoot them, but the dude is unstoppable from 18 feet and in.

Other than that personal frustration, I think he's made the best case for MVP of anybody not named LeBron in the last ten years or so.

I honestly do not know if Westbrook knows what in the hell is going on half of the time. He just knows to rev up the motor to the highest level RPM and play. It is great to watch and I am fine with him for MVP, but as I have maintained for years, the Thunder are not going to win it all with him as the primary decision maker. I do love Russ and he is must watch television.

I think I saw that last night the Thunder were outscored 27-6 in the six minutes Westbrook did not play.

I know Kanter is like Derek Willis on defense, but the guy can score some buckets yet he barely played the entire series. Was he in the Billy Donovan doghouse for something else?

He literally got worse on defense every second he was on the floor. As soon as he hit the floor Houston would give the ball to his man and they would score nonstop until Enes came out. Add in the fact that he became equally horrendous on offense this series and there you have it.

Anyone hear the Thunders second round playoff score? I did hear Lebron went 35-10-4 and an 8th straight playoff win? Thunder game not on Tv so was just trying to find out the final.