Highlands 2017

Ram

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any young birds standing out so far this summer? Everyone knows about Huddleston, but I hear Zach Lewin is going to be seeing a lot of time as well..

Just curious, but how is it determined that a kid will see a lot of playing time before equipment is put on and full contact allowed? What position does this kid play on the field?

Believe so, but not sure how much actual "contact" there was. I just hope that the days of trying to fit the square peg in the round hole have ceased and that the best players will play even it if means some have to play on both sides of the ball.

Couldn't agree more...

Sorry I am just now responding. But I do not know if the Posey family moved or not. I keep seeing people talk about players going on both sides of the ball. Here is what Brian Weinrich has said about that.

"Health and safety is always the number one concern in what we're doing," Weinrich said. "As far as winning the games go, it's not always what is perceived as the 11 best on the field all the time because it is a four-quarter game. Teams are playing with much more tempo than they've played with in the past. We are as well. On offense and defense, there's going to be 140 to 160 plays not to mention the 30 to 40 special teams plays. It's a lot of plays. You need guys for the whole game and you need them healthy for the whole season. If you put a guy out there and he plays 115 plays, it might benefit you that game maybe help you a little bit here, a little bit there, but is that really going to benefit you with what the ultimate goal is and that's weeks 11, 12, 13, 14, 15? So you have to keep that in mind as well. That's an advantage to have (depth) at our level so we would be not doing ourselves, the team or the guys a service if we were limiting the amount of guys that play."

Here is the article:

FORT THOMAS MATTERS: Highlands Football Trying Offense and Defense in Spring Ball

• 2 weeks later...

This is honestly the first time I can remember not seeing a lot of talk on the Highlands thread. Maybe people are just waiting to see what they have before they make and judgements, or maybe there are a lot of unknowns. But, I do know Highlands has to sure up their defense if they want to get back to being Highlands.

Who seems to be the front runner at QB for the Birds?