North Korean Military Options according to NBC News

His people for the most part wouldn't cheer. Look at their reactions when his father died. They are raised believing their leader is the all powerful and all they have comes from him. They have almost zero contact with the outside world and are clueless on how the rest of the world lives. Only those in power have any contact with the outside world.

When his father died the citizens looked like their own father had died...NK is just a complete different animal than any other country.

Same when Stalin died in USSR.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we take action against NK and they then attack South Korea with nukes? Would we be worse off?

Yea I don't think we can take action on NK without China atleast turning a blind eye or NK striking first.

Now a covert opp against the leaders may be the best bet.

It was just reported that a Carrier strike force is headed to the Korean peninsula. The strike force consists of an aircraft carrier, two destroyers, a cruiser, as well as a submarine.

We "knew" this was going to happen.

We "knew" this was going to happen.

Pretty much, this is a bit different than just a couple of destroyers sitting off Syria though. A CSG has some serious firepower and capable of a lot of destruction. Apparently this strike group had just been in the area last month for the annual war games with Japan and South Korea and was on it's way to Australia to port. It was told to turn around and head back and should be there late this week.

I don't know if the US wants to take a chance in that area of the world without China somehow being okay with it. Although China gets annoyed quite often with their communist neighbor I would assume they feel that North Korea is their problem to deal with without outside interference.

I don't know if the US wants to take a chance in that area of the world without China somehow being okay with it. Although China gets annoyed quite often with their communist neighbor I would assume they feel that North Korea is their problem to deal with without outside interference.

A lot of the recent articles say that President Xi is willing to work with the USA to help tame down fat boy.

We can't do anything in NK without approval from China. China likes having NK as a buffer between them and US backed SK.

I gotta be honest, a war with China scares the :poop: out of me. They are the only country in the world capable of going toe to toe with us.

Who's behind us?

I jest in another thread of posters who wanted to take on Russia and China, but if China isn't behind us on this and we tick them off. We have already ticked Russia off.

If we had China's support or at least their blind eye, I'd support #2.

Japan, South Korea, Taiwan for sure. Probably Australia and NZ. If we weren't so frosty with Russia they would be on board because of the always uneasy peace they have with China.