North Korean Military Options according to NBC News

Nuclear capability is the great equalizer. This is why it is so important for North Korea to demonstrate that they have the weaponry to reach Seoul. From what I gather, and I'm far from an expert, NK currently has the ability to reach Seoul with nuclear warheads. This really limits the US options.

And those are underground...it's obvious why every president has struggled with the NK issue.

No clear answer.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a video story online with a former cybersecurity military guy talking about how we have the capability to hack North Korea's missiles in a way that will cause them to lose control or drive the missiles off target. This guy said we could even cause the North Korean missiles to redirect and go back to North Korea.

• 2 weeks later...
North Korea launched a ballistic missile from a submarine ... it reportedly exploded in flight! :sssh:

Whooped 'em again Josey! That bug our cyber experts are planting in their missiles is getting it done.

How many generals is Kim going to execute over this failure?

While there is nothing concrete to support this line of thinking (and there likely never will be) I do believe that we have hacked into their system well enough that we have as much control over where and when the missiles blow up as the North Korean's do.

It was mentioned by a computer programmer just prior to their last missile launch that the US had the ability to get into North Korea's missile launch systems and detonate it in flight or even change it's coordinates. Within days of that person saying that North Korea did a missile test and it self detonated in air just after launch, North Korea then proceeded to claim that we were responsible for that. Now with this test today, apparently the same thing happens. Either they are really terrible at building a functioning missile or we are helping them save themselves from doing something incredibly stupid.