Jim Nantz

Jim Schue

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Gus Johnson in soccer jail? What did he do and why are we being deprived of one of the greatest announcers of my lifetime??????

Contract dispute with CBS, CBS I guess told him he wasn't big time money, he moved to FOX and the rest is....

A while back I thought he was good, don't know if the yelling and screaming would ruin the welcome with me over time, but I'd take him over the rambling Cheech and Chong album that is Bill the Toke Walton or some of the other boobs that broadcast sports.

This article from Sports Illustrated is dated September 15, 2014.

Gus Johnson announces he is stepping down as Fox'''s No. 1 soccer announcer | SI.com

Guess that shows how much soccer I watch.

I'm pretty sure Gus is doing basketball games on FS1 fairly regularly...

Which means he's not doing NCAA tourney games. And that is a crime.

What exactly does Nantz do that you all don't like? I personally think he does a pretty good job.

From a technical standpoint, there's nothing wrong with him. He's just boring, and is better-suited for golf than a high-action sport such as football or basketball.

Guess that shows how much soccer I watch.

Which means he's not doing NCAA tourney games. And that is a crime.

From a technical standpoint, there's nothing wrong with him. He's just boring, and is better-suited for golf than a high-action sport such as football or basketball.

Give me boring over annoying any day. When you compare Nantz to guys like Lundquist, Vitale, etc. he shines pretty well.