Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jim Nantz

Featured Replies

  • Author
Gus doesn't do soccer anymore, but I'm 100% with you on everything else.

 

Since when?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Gus is doing basketball games on FS1 fairly regularly...

What exactly does Nantz do that you all don't like? I personally think he does a pretty good job.

What exactly does Nantz do that you all don't like? I personally think he does a pretty good job.

 

I don't mind him either.

Gus doesn't do soccer anymore, but I'm 100% with you on everything else.

 

Since he realized he didn't know anything about soccer. I love him as a basketball guy but man he was rough calling soccer games.

I'm pretty sure Gus is doing basketball games on FS1 fairly regularly...

 

He is. He's on the lead team calling Big East games for Fox Sports.

Why is Gus Johnson in soccer jail? What did he do and why are we being deprived of one of the greatest announcers of my lifetime??????

 

Contract dispute with CBS, CBS I guess told him he wasn't big time money, he moved to FOX and the rest is....

 

A while back I thought he was good, don't know if the yelling and screaming would ruin the welcome with me over time, but I'd take him over the rambling Cheech and Chong album that is Bill the Toke Walton or some of the other boobs that broadcast sports.

If you're removing someone from the #1 CBS crew, it would be Rafferty, in my opinion. I'd love for Grant Hill to stop on his toes just one time and say that it looks like the defense comes out in a man defense.

  • Author
This article from Sports Illustrated is dated September 15, 2014.

 

Gus Johnson announces he is stepping down as Fox'''s No. 1 soccer announcer | SI.com

 

Guess that shows how much soccer I watch.

 

I'm pretty sure Gus is doing basketball games on FS1 fairly regularly...

 

Which means he's not doing NCAA tourney games. And that is a crime.

 

What exactly does Nantz do that you all don't like? I personally think he does a pretty good job.

 

From a technical standpoint, there's nothing wrong with him. He's just boring, and is better-suited for golf than a high-action sport such as football or basketball.

Guess that shows how much soccer I watch.

 

 

 

Which means he's not doing NCAA tourney games. And that is a crime.

 

 

 

From a technical standpoint, there's nothing wrong with him. He's just boring, and is better-suited for golf than a high-action sport such as football or basketball.

Give me boring over annoying any day. When you compare Nantz to guys like Lundquist, Vitale, etc. he shines pretty well.

I have no problem with Nanz at all. If he could change one thing, that would be to stop being so cliche. He rides his cliche's during a telelcast into the ground.

While I really like Gus Johnson, Jim Nantz will do whichever events Jim Nantz decides to do. Deservedly so, dude's an icon.

 

They can demote Grant Hill, but don't mess with Raftery.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.