April 4, 20179 yr If I'm ever appointed to the post of Czar of College Hoops (apologies to Bill Simmons here), my first move is to demote Jim Nantz to 5th team on CBS' announcer hierarchy scale when it comes to basketball. Just stick to golf, dude. It suits your boring style. That and slobbering all over Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Second move is to get Gus Johnson out of soccer jail and put him back on the No. 1 CBS crew with the great Bill Raftery. And I will use all my influence to get Gus back on NFL Sundays as well.
April 4, 20179 yr Why is Gus Johnson in soccer jail? What did he do and why are we being deprived of one of the greatest announcers of my lifetime??????
April 4, 20179 yr Author I'm with you 100% Dr. Schue! :thumb: Since Tim McCarver's awful career finally ended, I feel like McCarver gave all those blackmail nudie pics he had of TV executives to Nantz so that he can continue torturing us with crummy game calls indefinitely. Stick to golf, Jim. You may be a nice guy and all, but you're far too boring to be calling real-live exciting sports.
April 4, 20179 yr Author Why is Gus Johnson in soccer jail? What did he do and why are we being deprived of one of the greatest announcers of my lifetime?????? Doesn't have the right nudie pics. I blame Tim McCarver.
April 4, 20179 yr Why is Gus Johnson in soccer jail? What did he do and why are we being deprived of one of the greatest announcers of my lifetime?????? Dude, he is an African-American Dick Vitale. No thank you.
April 4, 20179 yr Author Dude, he is an African-American Dick Vitale. No thank you. Disagree. Dickie V's biggest fault is that he loves everything and everybody too much. Gus doesn't do that. Gus knows when to hit the high points. Dickie V does it all game long, which cheapens the big moments when they actually come. Positivity is great and all, but it can be too much for this realist.
April 4, 20179 yr Dude, he is an African-American Dick Vitale. No thank you. No. The closest thing to a black Dick Vitale is Jay Williams.
April 4, 20179 yr No. The closest thing to a black Dick Vitale is Jay Williams. More like Lee Corso. That dude has early onset
April 4, 20179 yr More like Lee Corso. That dude has early onset Lee Corso is fair. I can roll with that. I love Lee Corso too. Love Jay Williams. Dickie V is old news. I liked him more in the 90s.
April 4, 20179 yr Author Gus does college football on FS1. Not enough to matter. Being the lead announcer for Fox on college hoops is like being the lead NFL announcer on ABC.
April 4, 20179 yr Second move is to get Gus Johnson out of soccer jail and put him back on the No. 1 CBS crew with the great Bill Raftery. And I will use all my influence to get Gus back on NFL Sundays as well. Gus doesn't do soccer anymore, but I'm 100% with you on everything else.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.