Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton's Next Coach.....

Featured Replies

Dayton did not offer Archie $4.25 per season. I don't know where that came from, but it is categorically false.

 

Dayton's entire athletic budget is barely $20 million. The idea that they had the scratch to offer Archie top ten money is hilarious.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayton did not offer Archie $4.25 per season. I don't know where that came from, but it is categorically false.

@Bench is a firm believer that they did. $17 Mil over 4 years. Averages out to $4.25 per year.

  • Author
Would Frank Martin be of any of interest to Dayton? His contract will max out at 2.7 million in 20-21. If Dayton is offering Miller 4.25 mil. I'm sure Martin would listen.
Dayton offering Archie Miller that to stay and what they are willing to pay someone else who comes to take the job and not even in the same stratosphere. The new coach will be lucky to get anywhere near what Archie was making this year. The 2 mil.
  • Author
Dayton did not offer Archie $4.25 per season. I don't know where that came from, but it is categorically false.

 

@Bench is a firm believer that they did. $17 Mil over 4 years. Averages out to $4.25 per year.
Just passing along what I heard. And I believe what I heard from who I heard it from.

 

The AD admitted their counter to him was over 3.2. So what I heard can't be toooo far off. (I know a million bucks is far off, just saying)

The AD admitted their counter to him was over 3.2. So what I heard can't be toooo far off. (I know a million bucks is far off, just saying)

 

The AD can claim whatever he wants, Archie is gone and they are a private school. Coaches and AD's lie in press conferences every, single, day. Dayton is simply not equipped to pay $3 million for a coach, heck getting the technology improved for the First Four was a Herculean task.

 

As you accurately said above, the new coach won't be in that stratosphere, so it matters not at all. Dayton, like Xavier and other private schools, will NEVER announce what a contract is, but simple math can tell you that a program with a non-revenue-generating football team, in a league without a TV deal to speak of, isn't going to be able to pay 20% of their budget to one person. Also keep in mind, scholarships at Dayton charge the Athletic Department cost them a WHOLE LOT more than UK is dinged for their scholarships. Money isn't coming out of a spigot at UD.

You said you wanted to know how biased or unbiased they were towards NKU. Was helping you out with that.

 

No attitude intended. I was laughing at myself.

 

No need for the attitude.

 

No attitude intended. I was laughing at myself.

Hard pass. You'll do better than that. Do some research on the guy at Illinois State. Apparently your AD is married to the idea of a sitting head coach, so I'd guess the guy at Illinois State is in a good spot.

 

Just looked up Dan Muller. He's coaching at his alma mater so it could take more money than UD is ready to pay. But he's done really well there and I'd be very happy with that hire.

 

I'm not hugely excited about the rest of the potentials list.

Goodman listed Brannen as being a candidate.

  • Author
Goodman listed Brannen as being a candidate.

 

Trust Goodman.

"He truly thinks he can win a national championship at Indiana."

 

Are you skeptical?

  • Author
Are you skeptical?

 

No. I love the confidence.

Them going after Brannen would really suck for NKU fans...

 

I would they would be more interested in Kelsey than Brannen now. Better track record for longer period of time. Could be why Kelsey withdrew fro UMASS.

The AD can claim whatever he wants, Archie is gone and they are a private school. Coaches and AD's lie in press conferences every, single, day. Dayton is simply not equipped to pay $3 million for a coach, heck getting the technology improved for the First Four was a Herculean task.

 

As you accurately said above, the new coach won't be in that stratosphere, so it matters not at all. Dayton, like Xavier and other private schools, will NEVER announce what a contract is, but simple math can tell you that a program with a non-revenue-generating football team, in a league without a TV deal to speak of, isn't going to be able to pay 20% of their budget to one person. Also keep in mind, scholarships at Dayton charge the Athletic Department cost them a WHOLE LOT more than UK is dinged for their scholarships. Money isn't coming out of a spigot at UD.

 

So like I said, is Dayton big enough for Brannen?

So like I said, is Dayton big enough for Brannen?

 

What are you even talking about?

 

Dayton is a much, much, much bigger and better job than NKU. And that's not at all a shot at the NKU job or program, it's just reality.

What are you even talking about?

 

Dayton is a much, much, much bigger and better job than NKU. And that's not at all a shot at the NKU job or program, it's just reality.

 

Yes but is it a big enough step up for Brannen is the question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.