Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton's Next Coach.....

Featured Replies

  • Author
There is an article online that says Archie will make 3.35 million a year at Indiana over the next 7 years. The Dayton deal would would have worked out to 4.25 million per year. Maybe the article I'm reading isn't accurate, hopefully someone can clear up his IU contract. I'm scratching my brain on this one. Why would someone go to a larger school with higher expectations for less money?

 

That same article reaffirms UD offered Top 10 money. That would be at minimum 3.25 mil. I'm confident in the 4yr-17mil numbers.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance for 2016:

 

NKU averaged 2,296

Dayton was #25 with an average of 12,941 per game.

They average 13k per game.

 

UD is a strong job. Brannen would be lucky to get it.

 

I love John Brannen and am thrilled he is at NKU, but Dayton hiring John Brannen at this juncture of his career would be Stan Heathesque.

Edited by Oldbird
spelling

I don't necessarily disagree with you all. I was just asking. I wanted to see how bias or unbiased our members are towards NKU.
In 2016-17 John Brannen made $190,000, Archie Miller made $2,000,000. Apples and oranges. I am not a UD guy, to put it mildly, but the question is actually insulting to a really good basketball school.
I don't necessarily disagree with you all. I was just asking. �� I wanted to see how bias or unbiased our members are towards NKU.

 

You're getting answers from season ticket holders at NKU. So they are biased towards NKU and still saying Dayton.

In 2016-17 John Brannen made $190,000, Archie Miller made $2,000,000. Apples and oranges. I am not a UD guy, to put it mildly, but the question is actually insulting to a really good basketball school.

 

I'm curious as to your opinion on Pat Kelsey. On paper, I think he's the guy I'd want. Seems like a great coach.

You're getting answers from season ticket holders at NKU. So they are biased towards NKU and still saying Dayton.

 

Remind me to never ask a question without doing some research first.

Would Frank Martin be of any of interest to Dayton? His contract will max out at 2.7 million in 20-21. If Dayton is offering Miller 4.25 mil. I'm sure Martin would listen.

Would Frank Martin be of any of interest to Dayton? His contract will max out at 2.7 million in 20-21. If Dayton is offering Miller 4.25 mil. I'm sure Martin would listen.

 

If UD paid that buyout, I'd be furious. No way we can be shelling that out. And you know SC will step up. Basketball coaching in the SEC is probably heading toward its all time best level because of that SEC Network money.

Remind me to never ask a question without doing some research first.

 

You said you wanted to know how biased or unbiased they were towards NKU. Was helping you out with that.

 

No need for the attitude.

I'm curious as to your opinion on Pat Kelsey. On paper, I think he's the guy I'd want. Seems like a great coach.
Hard pass. You'll do better than that. Do some research on the guy at Illinois State. Apparently your AD is married to the idea of a sitting head coach, so I'd guess the guy at Illinois State is in a good spot.
Would Frank Martin be of any of interest to Dayton? His contract will max out at 2.7 million in 20-21. If Dayton is offering Miller 4.25 mil. I'm sure Martin would listen.
Dayton did not offer Archie $4.25 per season. I don't know where that came from, but it is categorically false.
Dayton did not offer Archie $4.25 per season. I don't know where that came from, but it is categorically false.

 

Got it.

Is Dayton big enough for Brannen?
Yeah...tons of dude jump from 4th in the Horizon to a job of Dayton's ilk. John is a wonderful guy, and a great coach, and he'll one day have a job like this -- but now isn't that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.