March 29, 20179 yr Yes but is it a big enough step up for Brannen is the question. They can pay him about half of what Archie was making and it'll be about a 600% raise for Brannen....What do you think?
March 29, 20179 yr They can pay him about half of what Archie was making and it'll be about a 600% raise for Brannen....What do you think? Not always about the money.
March 29, 20179 yr Not always about the money. What exactly are you looking for? They have a much larger alumni and fan base. They have more resources. They are in a better conference that allows for multiple tournament bids. They can pay more. They're more well-known on the national level. They're a basketball school. All these things have already been mentioned in this thread, so what else are you looking for?
March 29, 20179 yr Author Not always about the money.When you're talking about tripling or quadrupling your salary, it's about the money. And rightfully so.
March 29, 20179 yr Is Ken Bothof experienced enough to play this game? I understand if Dayton offers, there's very little he can do. But does he have the savvy to get ahead of this and make Brannen a tough get for other universities?
March 29, 20179 yr Author Is Ken Bothof experienced enough to play this game? I understand if Dayton offers, there's very little he can do. But does he have the savvy to get ahead of this and make Brannen a tough get for other universities? Those negotiations are already well under way.
March 29, 20179 yr Is Ken Bothof experienced enough to play this game? Experienced enough? Yes. However, it is important to remember that Ken was brought in as a veteran to stabilize the department when things were uber-rocky, he was never intended to be the long-term solution as AD.
March 29, 20179 yr I understand if Dayton offers, there's very little he can do. But does he have the savvy to get ahead of this and make Brannen a tough get for other universities?I say this through the lens of being INCREDIBLY pro-John Brannen, probably behind only @Bench on this site, but if Dayton gets to John Brannen as its next coach it has gone through a slew of more qualified and accomplished coaches, and that would be really surprising to me. Dayton is a very good job and John would be REALLY light in terms of resume' for this job. I just can't imagine enough other guys say "no" for it to get to that.
March 29, 20179 yr Author I say this through the lens of being INCREDIBLY pro-John Brannen, probably behind only @Bench on this site, but if Dayton gets to John Brannen as its next coach it has gone through a slew of more qualified and accomplished coaches, and that would be really surprising to me. Dayton is a very good job and John would be REALLY light in terms of resume' for this job. I just can't imagine enough other guys say "no" for it to get to that. Just glad to be here. Funny how his name is being mentioned along with this job while negotiations are going on.
March 29, 20179 yr Those negotiations are already well under way. Are you implying that negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen? Or UD and another candidate? If negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen, you can color him gone. No brainer.
March 29, 20179 yr I say this through the lens of being INCREDIBLY pro-John Brannen, probably behind only @Bench on this site, but if Dayton gets to John Brannen as its next coach it has gone through a slew of more qualified and accomplished coaches, and that would be really surprising to me. Dayton is a very good job and John would be REALLY light in terms of resume' for this job. I just can't imagine enough other guys say "no" for it to get to that. I would agree.
March 29, 20179 yr Are you implying that negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen? Or UD and another candidate? If negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen, you can color him gone. No brainer. Not to speak for Bench, but I believe he's saying underway between the NKU AD and Coach Brannen...
March 30, 20179 yr Author Are you implying that negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen? Or UD and another candidate? If negotiations are underway between UD and Brannen, you can color him gone. No brainer. Not to speak for Bench, but I believe he's saying underway between the NKU AD and Coach Brannen...You speak for me correctly.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.