North Carolina 75 Kentucky 73

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No obsession, just wanted him to stand around less and be more involved during the game instead the last minute. If Monk don't make those last two three's I bet you don't post this. Are you happy the way he play today. I am not!! But he did give us a chane to win. Remember, he got burnt on that run out also.

Stand around? He was moving around the whole time on offense. UNC had their eye on him all game. They had a taller Jackson on him, and then also guys chipping and bumping and hedging out on him coming off screens. He rarely stood around. Their focus was not to let him beat them again. Which they did a great job of that even in the last minute, it took 2 tough contested shots for him to even score those baskets.

Well crud. Good game though. Monk and Fox just didn't have it for far too long and when Monk rediscovered it, it was too late. UNC has a heck of a team.

I don't love automatically sitting guys with two fouls. That became a thing about 20 years ago and has become gospel. I also understand the risk and I get why coaches do it. It just seems like Kentucky would have benefited from mixing Fox in and out more during the first half.

I don't love automatically sitting guys with two fouls. That became a thing about 20 years ago and has become gospel. I also understand the risk and I get why coaches do it. It just seems like Kentucky would have benefited from mixing Fox in and out more during the first half.

I think you are spot on.

Bc he is a 52 percent free throw shooyer, it stops the clock and beats letting them milk the clock

I'm sorry but I don't know a team in the country or coach who fouls down 1 with 40 seconds left. Especially when the guy only caught the ball for a second before passing it down the court. Plus if I had to guess part of the reason he free throw percentage was bad was because of not playing to many minutes and hardly being in a rhythm like he has been the last couple games. If they foul internationally and he makes both then it goes down as a horrible decision.