Kentucky 82 Arkansas 65

16thBBall Fan

Isaiah Briscoe plays harder than anyone on the team. No one should ever trash him as a player.

You can play hard while still making bad plays. Briscoe is a bad passer, a poor shooter, and struggles to beat defenders off the dribble because he isn't real fast and can't jump. This doesn't make him a bad player but it also doesn't give him a pass on criticism.

With that said, I still think Briscoe needs to play a lot because of the toughness he brings both defensively and mentally.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can play hard while still making bad plays. Briscoe is a bad passer, a poor shooter, and struggles to beat defenders off the dribble because he isn't real fast and can't jump. This doesn't make him a bad player but it also doesn't give him a pass on criticism.

With that said, I still think Briscoe needs to play a lot because of the toughness he brings both defensively and mentally.

He's a poor shooter. He's a good passer and he gets to the basket easier than anyone on the team not named Fox. I guess he has an attitude that makes some people dislike him, but I love how he plays. I would take Briscoe on my team any day of the week.

He's a poor shooter. He's a good passer and he gets to the basket easier than anyone on the team not named Fox. I guess he has an attitude that makes some people dislike him, but I love how he plays. I would take Briscoe on my team any day of the week.

I disagree with the bolded, but again, I have no problem with him playing. He brings something to the table that nobody else on the team really has.

I disagree with the bolded, but again, I have no problem with him playing. He brings something to the table that nobody else on the team really has.

He is tough as nails and does a really good job of getting the other team rattled.

Go watch a game in person and report back. If our big men played like Isaiah Briscoe...they would lead the nation in rebounding.
Playing hard doesn't excuse bad play. He has too many turnovers, he forces too many bad shots and he misses way too many layups for the amount of times he gets to the basket. There is a reason the worse UK played all year was when he was running the PG position while Fox was out etc. Yesterday alone he had 2-3 turnovers in a row because he was going way to fast when trying to make passes and threw the ball at Hawkins feet in back to back possessions. Shoot, I always played hard in every sport I played but that didn't make me a great player. Also didn't excuse the times I screwed up. BTW, I've watched plenty of times in person, my neighbor has season tickets and takes me with him several times a year.

I like, no, I love his hustle. But too many times he frustrates the crap out of me with the bonehead plays he makes at the worst times. He reminds me so much of the Harrison twins that when they are in crunch time and need to make a run the Harrison twins would try to put the game on their shoulders and force too many bad shots etc. and that is what Briscoe tries to do too often. If he was a better shooter then I could forgive his downfalls, but he isn't a good shooter and it only exaggerates his other misplays.

Playing hard doesn't excuse bad play. He has too many turnovers, he forces too many bad shots and he misses way too many layups for the amount of times he gets to the basket. There is a reason the worse UK played all year was when he was running the PG position while Fox was out etc. Yesterday alone he had 2-3 turnovers in a row because he was going way to fast when trying to make passes and threw the ball at Hawkins feet in back to back possessions. Shoot, I always played hard in every sport I played but that didn't make me a great player. Also didn't excuse the times I screwed up. BTW, I've watched plenty of times in person, my neighbor has season tickets and takes me with him several times a year.

He's not putting himself at the point guard position. That's on the coach.

He's not putting himself at the point guard position. That's on the coach.
Still played bad too many times during that time when Fox was out and we needed good play from him. That's why I said I would rather have Hawkins in more than Briscoe at times when Briscoe would throw up bricks too often. Hawkins is btw the hardest playing member of that team imo.

Still played bad too many times during that time when Fox was out and we needed good play from him. That's why I said I would rather have Hawkins in more than Briscoe at times when Briscoe would throw up bricks too often. Hawkins is btw the hardest playing member of that team imo.

I love the Hawk and I'm in agreement that he needs minutes. Unfortunately Hawkins is not really strong at facilitating an offense. We need Briscoe to spell Fox at the point. He drives me nuts, but he fills a need.

I agree with most of this except him not being good at beating guys off the dribble. He basically beats his guy off the dribble anytime he wants. His problem is when teams help out and collapse down him once he beats his guy and gets in the lane. He still tries to force his shot and doesn't look to pass once he gets in the lane. Or waits to long because he looks for his own shot first when driving and only looks to pass once he gets completely surronded and usually then can't get the pass or shot up cleanly.