March 12, 20179 yr I would think if I was Duke or Carolina I would want to be the #2 seed in the West with Gonzaga as the #1 seed.
March 12, 20179 yr I would think if I was Duke or Carolina I would want to be the #2 seed in the West with Gonzaga as the #1 seed. Exactly what I would be saying if I was a Duke or UNC fan. The projected 2 seeds are WAY stronger than the projected 1 seeds at this point.
March 12, 20179 yr One thing is garunteed today. Duke will get a seed they don't come near to deserving. They will get a 1 or 2 and leap frog a UK team that hasn't lost since the NCAA put out its top 16 teams feb 11 while Duke lost 3 times since then.
March 12, 20179 yr I know Butler isn't a bubble team but they have absolutely driven me nuts this season. I'll probably still have them going to the Final Four on my bracket but they have some awesome wins and some stupid losses. That's really the story of everyone's season this year. My 1 seeds would be Villanova, Duke, Kansas and UK and my reasoning is because I said so. As good a reason as any this year... Maybe they should only have 2 #1 seeds this year. I am not sure 4 teams are deserving...
March 12, 20179 yr If anything that this season of college basketball has shown me is to expect the unexpected. Everybody sucks. After watching an NBA game you realize how watered down college hoops is now with one and done rules...
March 12, 20179 yr One thing is garunteed today. Duke will get a seed they don't come near to deserving. They will get a 1 or 2 and leap frog a UK team that hasn't lost since the NCAA put out its top 16 teams feb 11 while Duke lost 3 times since then. See post #42.
March 13, 20179 yr Can anyone on this forum seriously say that Duke doesn't deserve a 1 seed and keep a straight face? I didn't think so! Seriously, I'll help you look at it a little more objectively. Go all the way back to November and look at the preseason rankings, who was #1? Duke. Some will say yeah, but they have 8 losses! Actually no, they don't, forget about number in the loss column of their overall record, it's deceiving. A couple of their early season losses they didn't even have their whole team due to injuries, so throw those losses out. Then they had to sit Grayson Allen because he was having muscle spasm's in his legs and they lost a game or two due to that. Then when they finally got everyone healthy, K's back started hurting again and he had to take a leave of absence, which resulted in a few more losses. Thankfully he made a miraculous recovery and could be seen jumping up and down on the sideline in his first game back. Now that everything is back to normal Duke is playing great and just won the ACC tournament. So when you look at it objectively Duke really only has a couple of losses and even though they have looked sloppy at times throughout the season, that shouldn't matter because you have to seed them based on how they are playing in present time. So seriously, how could the NCAA not give them a 1 seed? I'll go as far as saying that if Duke is not awarded a 1 seed then there must be some anti Duke bias on the committee. So we can now disregard any losses due to injury or even muscle spasms? Lol get out of here. With your horrible criteria then UK is even better seeing how a lot of their losses when Fox and Mulder were out etc. that puts UK a can't miss #1 seed and if they aren't then I guess you should have even more issues with the committee. wow.
March 13, 20179 yr So we can now disregard any losses due to injury or even muscle spasms? Lol get out of here. With your horrible criteria then UK is even better seeing how a lot of their losses when Fox and Mulder were out etc. that puts UK a can't miss #1 seed and if they aren't then I guess you should have even more issues with the committee. wow. That one flew right over your head. Sorry for that.
March 13, 20179 yr I think Oregon will drop because they lost a key player for the season. It sucks, but the Selection Committee has a history of doing that. I think the No. 1 seed will be Villanova (overall 1), Gonzaga, Kansas, UNC 2 seeds will be Kentucky, Duke, Arizona, and ??? :thumb: I'm surprised Louisville got the ??? but congrats to the Cards.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.