Vikings Decline 2017 Option on Adrian Peterson; Will Become Unrestricted FA

• 1 month later...
Visiting the Pats today....The (now expected) loss of Blount opens a spot in the backfield for a power back, but I'm really hopeful they don't go the AP route.

They could get a bruiser in the draft if they need one.

Or they could sign him on a reasonable contract. It's not like he has people knocking down the door the sign him.

City of Minneaapolis is going to end up paying nearly $700 million on that stadium, roughly half the total cost.

It should embarrass the people working for the city; I suppose it doesn't.

Isn't team paying for half, with the state ($400M) and a hospitality tax ($150M) paying the rest.

Has the price inflated that much?

Isn't team paying for half, with the state ($400M) and a hospitality tax ($150M) paying the rest.

Has the price inflated that much?

No, I think that was a bad source I'd been reading. The $500 million number is closer

to accurate.

Visiting the Pats today....The (now expected) loss of Blount opens a spot in the backfield for a power back, but I'm really hopeful they don't go the AP route.

They could get a bruiser in the draft if they need one.

I can't think of many RBs he's trusted that haven't had some years of service. Id love to see if he could coexist in a system not geared totally towards him.

AD is done. Damaged goods with way too much mileage. I'd love to know what kind of contract he thinks he deserves. So far Tampa Bay, Green Bay and New England have all said no thanks. Tampa and Green Bay both could use a RB. Those two teams passing on him tells me a lot. New England needed a replacement for Blount and after visiting with Peterson it looks like Blount may re-sign with the Pats.

He's done.

AD is done. Damaged goods with way too much mileage. I'd love to know what kind of contract he thinks he deserves. So far Tampa Bay, Green Bay and New England have all said no thanks. Tampa and Green Bay both could use a RB. Those two teams passing on him tells me a lot. New England needed a replacement for Blount and after visiting with Peterson it looks like Blount may re-sign with the Pats.

He's done.

He is done with the contract he wants.