Open Job: Bracken County

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure hope BC administration does this hire correctly. In-house candidates should be appropriately considered in addition to outside candidates. Suspect there will be some quality up and comers plus some experienced retreads interested in jumping on to the momentum Coach Sizemore and his staff have built. Getting on this hire timely will be key to retaining the mo.

What kind of support is there for athletics in Bracken County? Is administration and community on board? Seems like there's a lot of turnover in all their athletic programs over the years. Will this job be good for a young guy or better trying to go the experienced route?

Would younger guys like Sam Marple or Josh Jaggers move to take on this job? Many more young coaches out there but definitely two that comes to mind.

What kind of support is there for athletics in Bracken County? Is administration and community on board? Seems like there's a lot of turnover in all their athletic programs over the years. Will this job be good for a young guy or better trying to go the experienced route?

Would younger guys like Sam Marple or Josh Jaggers move to take on this job? Many more young coaches out there but definitely two that comes to mind.

Sizemore was there 5 years after a few years of quick turnover.

I don't know anyone in charge, but 2 of the last 3 hires were younger.

The potential for this job is high. The last two home games were the two highest gates in the history of the program. Team has more kids on it, than ever before. And a lot of returning pieces. It's a good job and could be great for someone who can keep up the momentum.

I don't think think Marple or Jaggers would be interested, but a young guy who wants a shot to be a HC could do really well.

Any news on front runners? I have heard that Coach Elsbernd is indeed a candidate for this job. Any body else heard anything about other possible candidates? I would say there won't be anything official coming until after the Sweet 16 then it should pick up.

Not to sound dramatic, but I believe this is the most crucial hire the Polar Bear program has ever made. If they make a great hire, the momentum continues and the program can build. But the wrong hire could mean the goal posts turn into soccer nets. This program can't afford to hire the wrong guy.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard any updates about this job? When are they interviewing, and who is running their off season program right now?

School trainer Joey Crouch is running weights I believe