Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jameis Winston Tells Boys They Can Do Anything; But Girls Should Sit Down. Be Silent.

Featured Replies

I just saw the video on ESPN. I'll say that I didn't get the same feeling watching the video that I did reading the headline. He certainly mis-spoke, but I do not believe his intentions were bad.

 

 

I lean this way.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the video also.

 

This is being blown out of proportion. The article and headline do not paint the correct picture.

Very poor choice of words from him. As a Tampa Bay resident, fan, and a father of a daughter his "rootability" is getting smaller and smaller.

 

I understand he got caught up in the moment and trying to keep young students interested, but he has to be smarter than that.

 

From a public speaking standpoint, why would he isolate half of the audience during his talk?

I really think he means well. I just don't think he's very smart.

 

 

Same, I certainly don't think he meant it the way it came out.

I cant wait till the Liberals go after him and start protesting.

 

Is Madonna or Ashley at his house yet with signs that say kill him.

I just saw the video on ESPN. I'll say that I didn't get the same feeling watching the video that I did reading the headline. He certainly mis-spoke, but I do not believe his intentions were bad.

 

I really think he means well. I just don't think he's very smart.

 

To be an NFL QB in this day and time you are pretty smart. He isnt dumb.

  • Author

I can't watch the video until I get home tonight but will do so.

I just saw the video on ESPN. I'll say that I didn't get the same feeling watching the video that I did reading the headline. He certainly mis-spoke, but I do not believe his intentions were bad.

 

I saw the video also.

 

This is being blown out of proportion. The article and headline do not paint the correct picture.

 

So blame it on the media huh?

Maybe, just maybe the news messes up at times and slants their headlines on purpose. HMMMM

^ Is it possible for you to not talk about the media and politics?

^ Is it possible for you to not talk about the media and politics?

 

But it is the media saying that, or else no one would be on here with 2 pages on it.

Just watched the video...probably not as bad as being written, but dude needs a public speaking class. Or maybe the Bucs just shouldn't let him go to these things.

  • Author

Ok, I watched the video. Still :taz:

I really think he means well. I just don't think he's very smart.

Smart or not isn't the issue. What he said gives us all an insight of his beliefs. First he tells the boys to stand up and be strong and tells the girls to stay seated. Then he tells the girls their place is to be quiet etc.

 

He's a butt plain and simple

and his belief system belongs in the 1950's.

 

A great comparison was just made

on first take. She said if he said all the white boys stand up and be strong and black kids stay seated and their place is to be quiet or if he said all Christians stand up but all Muslims stay seated

would there be an uproar? You know there would be so why is this any different?

The media took this so far out of context, this speech was about exciting the younger guys to do something. He even says the reason he told them all to stand up was because he saw a younger boy not really into it. This is what is wrong with this country these days. All he said was girls are suppose to be polite and quiet spoken and well mannered (which they should, i only hope my daughter has those qualities) then of course leave it up to people to make something out of nothing. He was getting the boys fired up, heaven forbid a speech doesn't tell girls how strong and powerful they are. It was overblown, and I do not have a problem with this speech.

The media took this so far out of context' date=' this speech was about exciting the younger guys to do something. He even says the reason he told them all to stand up was because he saw a younger boy not really into it. This is what is wrong with this country these days. All he said was girls are suppose to be polite and quiet spoken and well mannered (which they should, i only hope my daughter has those qualities) then of course leave it up to people to make something out of nothing. He was getting the boys fired up, heaven forbid a speech doesn't tell girls how strong and powerful they are. It was overblown, and I do not have a problem with this speech.[/quote']

 

Girls are supposed to be quiet?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.