8th Region Recap Week 10 2/6/17

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it is important about who can beat up who on the playground, any basketball being played this week? I heard that Pitino was at Crestwood last night taking a look at Joe Griffin. Any confirmation or insight on that aspect? But to add to the banter, the winner of AC and Spencer will not get by Collins and then will face a #1 Seed - possible OC/South or SK and that will be a up hill climb - can be done but difficult.

Not that it is important about who can beat up who on the playground, any basketball being played this week? I heard that Pitino was at Crestwood last night taking a look at Joe Griffin. Any confirmation or insight on that aspect? But to add to the banter, the winner of AC and Spencer will not get by Collins and then will face a #1 Seed - possible OC/South or SK and that will be a up hill climb - can be done but difficult.
I was told it was from a recommendation from Levitch. I think Joe dropped 32. But you already knew that

Pitino was there last night, they played against Eminence, and Dale Brown who played for Coach Pitino at Ky, is the coach. As I said earlier, Coach Pitino always finds a kid like Jo Griffin aka David Levitch, and to be honest Griffin is better in high school than David was so, a nice walk on it would be in my opinion.

I do think Simon is turning the corner, will be dangerous in Henry County, however they do have Williamstown first game of the district I believe at Williamstown, who beat them once. I just don't see Simon losing to them again.

I do think Simon is turning the corner, will be dangerous in Henry County, however they do have Williamstown first game of the district I believe at Williamstown, who beat them once. I just don't see Simon losing to them again.

SK meets Walton in round 1. And I agree, they have definitely turned the corner. Miles/Kelch 2 should be a good one.

Thanks for the information. I have not been able to see many games this year so always looking to find info on games and stats. I know Joe's brother is up at Thomas More and figured that may be where he ends up. I hope this year's regional brings the excitement that last year's first night did with the Sk-Collins game and the South -Owen Co match up. Great energy in the building just wish the finals would not have been so anti-climatic. Should be fun and we have a god path to get to Elite 8 again before facing Cov Cath

Thanks for the information. I have not been able to see many games this year so always looking to find info on games and stats. I know Joe's brother is up at Thomas More and figured that may be where he ends up. I hope this year's regional brings the excitement that last year's first night did with the Sk-Collins game and the South -Owen Co match up. Great energy in the building just wish the finals would not have been so anti-climatic. Should be fun and we have a god path to get to Elite 8 again before facing Cov Cath

Or face Cooper...

Not trying to disrespect Walton Verona, but are they really the 4th best team in the region. They are one of the top teams in the region that I have not seen play, but some of their scores in the past several games make me wonder. They beat Trimble County by 8 and Henry County last night by 14?? I can understand having an off night, but these two games are head scratchers to me. I could make an argument that Spencer County, North Oldham, and Anderson are better teams. I mean Spencer County just beat Henry by 30 and it could have been 50 if they had wanted. Like I said, not trying to get anybody upset, just an honest observation. I haven't seen Walton Verona play, but I have seen all the other top teams.

Not trying to disrespect Walton Verona, but are they really the 4th best team in the region. They are one of the top teams in the region that I have not seen play, but some of their scores in the past several games make me wonder. They beat Trimble County by 8 and Henry County last night by 14?? I can understand having an off night, but these two games are head scratchers to me. I could make an argument that Spencer County, North Oldham, and Anderson are better teams. I mean Spencer County just beat Henry by 30 and it could have been 50 if they had wanted. Like I said, not trying to get anybody upset, just an honest observation. I haven't seen Walton Verona play, but I have seen all the other top teams.

I think the key sentence in your post is you haven't seen them play! They are a young team as well. They have nice size and play very solid defense. Last I checked they were ranked third in the state as a team. Offensively, they run good sets and are patient. As a young team though, sometimes they have a tendency to come out slowly or overlook teams. Against good teams and in good environments though, they tend to play very well. Due to football, and getting players back late, they lost some games they probably shouldn't have, but they have improved as the season has progressed. Hopefully they and Spencer County will both win in their districts and make it to Regional and it can be settled on the court.