Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Recap Week 10 2/6/17

Featured Replies

I think the key sentence in your post is you haven't seen them play! They are a young team as well. They have nice size and play very solid defense. Last I checked they were ranked third in the state as a team. Offensively, they run good sets and are patient. As a young team though, sometimes they have a tendency to come out slowly or overlook teams. Against good teams and in good environments though, they tend to play very well. Due to football, and getting players back late, they lost some games they probably shouldn't have, but they have improved as the season has progressed. Hopefully they and Spencer County will both win in their districts and make it to Regional and it can be settled on the court.

 

Thanks for the info, just trying to form an opinion on them since I hadn't seen them.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over scores and noticed that Collins beat a four win Harrison County team by 7 points. I also noticed that most of their players are back playing??

I don't think you can look at common opponents and try to decipher much with high school teams.

Looking over scores and noticed that Collins beat a four win Harrison County team by 7 points. I also noticed that most of their players are back playing??

Cardsrule, what are you looking for? Want us to put Spencer in top 2 or 3?

Yes you have some great young kids from other places coming in. You have been getting moral victories in your mind all year. Good luck to you my friend BUT till you win the region or even the district please give up beating Spencer's drum.

Cardsrule, what are you looking for? Want us to put Spencer in top 2 or 3?

Yes you have some great young kids from other places coming in. You have been getting moral victories in your mind all year. Good luck to you my friend BUT till you win the region or even the district please give up beating Spencer's drum.

 

Wow, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Just making observations. Can you please refute some of the facts that I have proposed. What have I said at anytime that isn't reasonable. Spencer is right where they should be in my opinion--5th with a question about 4th. You don't offer any facts. Collins fan???

What makes you think that I am such a Collins fan? Just cause you beat Henry by 30 and could have been 50 and WV only beat them by 9 so now we might be 4th and Collins just beat Whoever by 4 with all players back so now we might need to be 3 and we only lost to South by less than 5 so we are top 2.

As the other guy said stop trying to compare scores to make your team look good.

Let the chips fall. If I was you, I would only be worrying about what is going on at Anderson. That is the only team you need to be worried about.

What makes you think that I am such a Collins fan? Just cause you beat Henry by 30 and could have been 50 and WV only beat them by 9 so now we might be 4th and Collins just beat Whoever by 4 with all players back so now we might need to be 3 and we only lost to South by less than 5 so we are top 2.

As the other guy said stop trying to compare scores to make your team look good.

Let the chips fall. If I was you, I would only be worrying about what is going on at Anderson. That is the only team you need to be worried about.

 

Very concerned about Anderson for sure.

Win or lose, Spencer is walking out of this region with my vote for Moral Champion of the year!!!! I love the 8th grader from Shelby at Spencer, complete stud, I don't know of any other good 8th graders for spencer, but if they are dressing varsity must be good!!

Anderson will win first round of district by double digits. As well as some of you believe Spencer's is, when Penny decides it is time, well..... it will be fine, and dropping 40 will be easily done.

 

Watch out for Shelby against Collins, I have seen crazier upsets, last game they played it took a 3 from the corner to send it to OT for collins, yes they have there players back now, but could that be a chemistry issue??

 

Either way guys, should be great regional at Henry. Congrats to the Griffin kid, UL watching him is awesome, well deserved.

 

One last deal, is it true that Spencer Celebrated a past district winner at game the other night, I had a friend there from shekby and they thought that was funny.

Win or lose, Spencer is walking out of this region with my vote for Moral Champion of the year!!!! I love the 8th grader from Shelby at Spencer, complete stud, I don't know of any other good 8th graders for spencer, but if they are dressing varsity must be good!!

Anderson will win first round of district by double digits. As well as some of you believe Spencer's is, when Penny decides it is time, well..... it will be fine, and dropping 40 will be easily done.

 

Watch out for Shelby against Collins, I have seen crazier upsets, last game they played it took a 3 from the corner to send it to OT for collins, yes they have there players back now, but could that be a chemistry issue??

 

Either way guys, should be great regional at Henry. Congrats to the Griffin kid, UL watching him is awesome, well deserved.

 

One last deal, is it true that Spencer Celebrated a past district winner at game the other night, I had a friend there from shekby and they thought that was funny.

 

The team was the District Winner and lost in the regional championship game. I wonder why your friend thought that was funny??

 

If the refs let Penny charge over everyone to get to the basket--then it will be a long night. Spencer had to deal with that up at Anderson, but still won. It will take more than Penny to beat Spencer County.

Win or lose, Spencer is walking out of this region with my vote for Moral Champion of the year!!!! I love the 8th grader from Shelby at Spencer, complete stud, I don't know of any other good 8th graders for spencer, but if they are dressing varsity must be good!!

Anderson will win first round of district by double digits. As well as some of you believe Spencer's is, when Penny decides it is time, well..... it will be fine, and dropping 40 will be easily done.

 

Watch out for Shelby against Collins, I have seen crazier upsets, last game they played it took a 3 from the corner to send it to OT for collins, yes they have there players back now, but could that be a chemistry issue??

 

Either way guys, should be great regional at Henry. Congrats to the Griffin kid, UL watching him is awesome, well deserved.

 

One last deal, is it true that Spencer Celebrated a past district winner at game the other night, I had a friend there from shekby and they thought that was funny.

 

Not so fast, I remember last years district at Anderson Co, when Spencer was suppose to be a walk over and a couple of interesting calls moved Anderson on, Spencer could have easily been the victor last season, if those same calls had went their way.

Some interesting 1st round games in the 8th this year. Shelby vs Collins throw the records out the window rivalry game. North and South at Oldham Co interesting. Walton Verona and Simon Kenton.

Not trying to disrespect Walton Verona, but are they really the 4th best team in the region. They are one of the top teams in the region that I have not seen play, but some of their scores in the past several games make me wonder. They beat Trimble County by 8 and Henry County last night by 14?? I can understand having an off night, but these two games are head scratchers to me. I could make an argument that Spencer County, North Oldham, and Anderson are better teams. I mean Spencer County just beat Henry by 30 and it could have been 50 if they had wanted. Like I said, not trying to get anybody upset, just an honest observation. I haven't seen Walton Verona play, but I have seen all the other top teams.

 

They beat Trimble by 47 earlier in the season. Sometimes youngsters overlook games, especially on the road late in the season. They are not robots.

They beat Trimble by 47 earlier in the season. Sometimes youngsters overlook games, especially on the road late in the season. They are not robots.

 

And when they play a 1:30 game on Saturday on the road after playing the night before. They won't use that as an excuse, but it does play into things.

And when they play a 1:30 game on Saturday on the road after playing the night before. They won't use that as an excuse, but it does play into things.

 

Didn't play the Raiders slow things down a bit?

"The team was the District Winner and lost in the regional championship game. I wonder why your friend thought that was funny?? "

 

Dude, Bearsrule, he is from shelby, and they don't celebrate district titles, that's why. I would not want to be on Spencer team if they win region, you would be invited back to every home game for the next 14 years to celebrate and it would be exhausting.

 

Cardsrule, I am a fan of Spencer and yours. I think it is great Spencer is coming along, great coach, and a heck of an 8th grader. Let's be pals and root against Oldham!!

 

TwoTon-Thomas, any truth to rumor shelby may be open again?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.