8th Region Recap Week 10 2/6/17

Spencer County is to young. They have potential to be great. But they are not beating Oldham, South, Collins. One of these 3 are not even going to region, Spencer, Collins, Anderson.

When you say Spencer is NOT BEATING any of the top three--I think that is comical when they lost to each by single digits. You only have to be better on one night. Moral victory or not it is logical to think that Spencer has a shot based on previous games. They were in the game against all three. You can make excuses about Dom not playing half the game, but I was at the game and Spencer played horrible. Missed countless point blank shots and wide open threes. I actually think Spencer has the best shot of upsetting a healthy Collins.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spencer County is to young. They have potential to be great. But they are not beating Oldham, South, Collins. One of these 3 are not even going to region, Spencer, Collins, Anderson.

I agree I think they maybe to young to win the whole thing this year, but I do think they would have to be favored to beat Anderson Co. right now they way they both are playing to get into the regional. I just think they would have a tough time beating a South Oldham, or Oldham Co. one night and a Collins the next. I feel the same about teams like Anderson, Simon Kenton, Walton-Verona or a North Oldham that they could beat a good team on a given night I just don't think these are capable of winning 3 games in a row over good teams.

when the 8th graders are soph, Spencer will have a shot. Until then, I do not think Spencer has a chance to win the region. In fact I doubt they make out of district next 2 years. Spencer's coach is great and he is doing so much with that team, but once Penny wants to play for anderson and it is in District tourney Anderson will be ready.

This is the most I have ever heard about Spencer county in 59 years I have been here, and the bad thing is there best player is a Shelby County kid, so let's slow down a bit on the greatness of SPENCER, he moved schools once, not so sure he don't again ????

when the 8th graders are soph, Spencer will have a shot. Until then, I do not think Spencer has a chance to win the region. In fact I doubt they make out of district next 2 years. Spencer's coach is great and he is doing so much with that team, but once Penny wants to play for anderson and it is in District tourney Anderson will be ready.

This is the most I have ever heard about Spencer county in 59 years I have been here, and the bad thing is there best player is a Shelby County kid, so let's slow down a bit on the greatness of SPENCER, he moved schools once, not so sure he don't again ????

Please show me where I said Spencer County could win the region this year?? I said in a given game they are talented and coached well enough to win against anyone in the region. You've never heard this much about Spencer County in 59 years, because Spencer County has never had the talent that it currently has along with the coach that can get them where they need to go. Finally, I think it's funny how Shelby County claims this ownership of the Conley kid when he was born and raised in Eastern Kentucky and moved to Shelby four years ago. Shelby was just a stop along the way to his resting spot---Spencer County. LOL. Next year, will be the year Spencer County has a real shot.

When they split...I think 5 years ago?...it decimated Shelby and most of the athletes went the way of Collins. Collins was instantly a force in basketball and football. It seems the way the district is drawn up, Collins gets more than their fair share of the talent pool that the county as a whole has to offer.

I work with some Shelby County people and have dealings with several more...many are still very sore about the school splitting.

Shelby has beaten Collins in Football the past two seasons. Athletes are there, simply need to be developed and the basketball program could be comparable. It is all in the priority of the school focus, Couch left for Bullitt East and they did not even interview applicants for the head coaching position.

Please show me where I said Spencer County could win the region this year?? I said in a given game they are talented and coached well enough to win against anyone in the region. You've never heard this much about Spencer County in 59 years, because Spencer County has never had the talent that it currently has along with the coach that can get them where they need to go. Finally, I think it's funny how Shelby County claims this ownership of the Conley kid when he was born and raised in Eastern Kentucky and moved to Shelby four years ago. Shelby was just a stop along the way to his resting spot---Spencer County. LOL. Next year, will be the year Spencer County has a real shot.

Careful on Conley, heard he may drink the Trinity Kool-aid next season. A big difference in winning a district and a state championship.

If anybody wants to know anything about Conley and the other 8th graders I'll be glad to answer their questions. The rest of you spouting off rumors and hearsay really are clueless. Anyway, Spencer just beat Shelby County 72-57 so the District Tournament is set. Collins vs Shelby and Spencer County vs Anderson.

If anybody wants to know anything about Conley and the other 8th graders I'll be glad to answer their questions. The rest of you spouting off rumors and hearsay really are clueless. Anyway, Spencer just beat Shelby County 72-57 so the District Tournament is set. Collins vs Shelby and Spencer County vs Anderson.

As the name suggests, most are on the outside looking in. This is the only season that matters at this point.

What rumors? If so, you need to realize this is just a discussion board. The rumor in anderson is neither live in Spencer, but it's no big deal, if legal than go for it, but let's slow down on acting like Spencer home grew them!!

Did edwards or Drano play tonight? Good win for Spencer. Your beloved Bears will get a rematch with my Bearcats and this time we won't be overlooking the Moral Victory Champions of the world!!!

Edited by spindoc

As Lee Corso would say...."not so fast my friend". I would not count out a hall of fame coach, with alot of district championships, and regional titles, oh by the way the court is named after him. This will be the best first round game of the districts, should be a chess match for sure. Will come down to the last 1-2 minutes I imagine. Like both coaches a ton, hope the referee's allow the kids to decide.