Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 88 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

Just to add some facts....Kentucky is #20 in the country in offensive rebounds. That means they're better at it than roughly 94% of the country.

 

Don't bring facts into this UKMF, you'll ruffle feathers.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it started even before he joined the team. I think they are too busy looking at their draft rankings.

 

Such a lazy narrative.

 

I wish that were the case because they'd see that they've been slipping in the mock drafts and would realize that if they played together more, listened to Coach Cal, and got after it, they would begin to rise again.

If we're looking to a specific instance or event that triggered the struggles, I believe it all began around the time they started to make a point to try and get Bam more involved offensively.

 

Now, I don't believe that has anything to do with it, but it seems to coincide with when things started to go south.

Just to add some facts....Kentucky is #20 in the country in offensive rebounds. That means they're better at it than roughly 94% of the country.

 

That also means they are missing a lot of shots.

To me this year's team is a bit more of a skilled/athletic version of last year's team. Last year some of the half court deficiencies were offset by Ulis's ability to conduct the offense. This year's team is more skilled, but lack the necessary cerebral tools (for now). Both had some problems at the 4/5 spots. This year's squad is more skilled down low, so you hope they can turn it around in the next few weeks. UK is also in desperate need of a backup post player on both ends of the court. I thought Hump would be that guy, but he has disappointed. SKJ seems destined to ride the pine the remainder of the season, but I think Cal thought he would fill this void.

That also means they are missing a lot of shots.

 

I thought that until the recent skid the Cats were shooting a higher % from the field than any UK team since 1984?

I thought that until the recent skid the Cats were shooting a higher % from the field than any UK team since 1984?

 

They were on a roll for about three or four weeks, shooting above 50% every game. Unfortunately the oppositions FG% was rising at the same time. But I take shooting with a grain of salt at times. Against easier competition they can get to the rim and lay in the ball.

I thought that until the recent skid the Cats were shooting a higher % from the field than any UK team since 1984?

 

Look, I want the Cats to pull it together and win the title as much as anyone. Heck, it would change my financial picture for the whole year if they have a title run.

 

But, right now they are as bad a defensive team as I've ever seen. Unless they figure out how to compete and play defense, they aren't going to win anything.

 

Now, that being said, John Calipari will have this team ready for March. They will start "getting it" about the SEC Tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.