Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville 61 Boyle County 56

Featured Replies

Danville scores the upset at home in the 45th District in a game that went down to the wire. This should mean that Danville and Boyle will meet again in the 45th District semi-finals in the 2-3 matchup.

 

It is the also snaps a nine game losing streak that the Ads had to the Rebels as they last beat them on February 1, 2013 by a score of 57-51.

Good bounce back win for the ADs!

All the credit goes to Danville. They played great defense and never allowed Boyle County to get comfortable on offense. Especially in the second half. Zach Thornton had a great game and I believe he had 22 points and was 7/8 from the free throw line. Jared Southerland also had a great game as the Admirals did everything they needed to do to win this game.

 

I could be wrong but I believe this is the first time Ed McKinney has beaten a Boyle County team since he returned to coaching for Danville. I believe this is his first victory over Steve Adams.

Boyle is so much better when the scoring is balanced. When Boyle can get 4 guys in double digits they are tough to beat. Boyle had 3 with double digits vs Danville. Same for West Jess on Tuesday.

Boyle is so much better when the scoring is balanced. When Boyle can get 4 guys in double digits they are tough to beat. Boyle had 3 with double digits vs Danville. Same for West Jess on Tuesday.

 

Agree completely.

Boyle County and Danville will meet again in a couple of weeks in the district tournament at Boyle County. Winner advances. Loser's season is over.

Quick question. If Player A is fouled and is supposed to shoot free throws but leaves the game who is supposed to shoot his free throws? Doesn't the opposing team pick the sub or is the shooting team able to put in whoever they want?

Quick question. If Player A is fouled and is supposed to shoot free throws but leaves the game who is supposed to shoot his free throws? Doesn't the opposing team pick the sub or is the shooting team able to put in whoever they want?

 

I'm not sure about high school, but I can remember in 1997, UK had this happen, I think, and Derek Anderson, who had not played b/c of a knee injury, came in to shoot. This might have been a technical tho.... my mind is not as sharp as it once was. I'm pretty sure Rick Pitino pick him to be the shooter

I think opposing coach gets to pick the shooter, but it has to be one of the 5 players in the game.

The opposing team does not get to pick the shooter in high school. The coach of the team with a hurt player subs for the hurt player and the sub shoots the free throws.

The opposing team does not get to pick the shooter in high school. The coach of the team with a hurt player subs for the hurt player and the sub shoots the free throws.

 

This. I think the opposing coach gets to pick in college.

The opposing team does not get to pick the shooter in high school. The coach of the team with a hurt player subs for the hurt player and the sub shoots the free throws.

 

This. I think the opposing coach gets to pick in college.

 

Okay. Thanks. I knew there was some confusion on my part somewhere. I know I'd seen the opposing coach pick a free throw shooter before but wasn't sure when it applied.

Ironic, the last time Danville beat Boyle in a basketball game , they beat Boyle in football earlier in the year

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.