January 24, 20179 yr I'd like to get rid of the rule that says "Duke will play their first two rounds of post-season games essentially at home."
January 24, 20179 yr Author How about getting rid of the Double Bonus, make those free throws 1 and 1 instead of automatically getting 2 for a common foul. This would put more pressure on the FT shooters and make late game comebacks more likely.
January 24, 20179 yr How about getting rid of the Double Bonus, make those free throws 1 and 1 instead of automatically getting 2 for a common foul. This would put more pressure on the FT shooters and make late game comebacks more likely. I like the theory but worry that it will stretch out the period of fouling at the end of games two beyond just the final minute.
January 24, 20179 yr How about getting rid of the Double Bonus, make those free throws 1 and 1 instead of automatically getting 2 for a common foul. This would put more pressure on the FT shooters and make late game comebacks more likely. Not a fan of this idea. Don't get behind and you don;t have to play hack attack to try to win a game. Game should be played from the field, not the foul line. Sounds like soccer. Let the play the game for 39 minutes and let it come down to penalty shots. Bad idea. I'd like to see more intentional fouls called when kids foul at the end of the game to put the other team intentionally on the line.
January 24, 20179 yr 4 quarters and 6 fouls are a must for me. I think it should be 6 fouls at all levels too and I love @Getslow 's ideas on charge/block I'm tired of seeing kids flopping to draw a charge. Drawing a charge has become a big part of the game and I don't think it should be. If only the rules were administered correctly and consistently....this behavior would extinguish itself....
January 24, 20179 yr Since it is very seldom ever called, lets get rid of palming the ball. Weve already created ways to walk to try and cut down on those calls. Might as well bring continuation in as well
January 24, 20179 yr I'm not following the six fouls. If the NBA is six for a 48-minute game, then why should college (or high school) be six for a 40-minute or 32-minute game?
January 24, 20179 yr I'd like to get rid of the rule that says "Duke will play their first two rounds of post-season games essentially at home." Hey, the state of North Carolina can't host this year so they'll have to travel all the way to Greenville, SOUTH Carolina this season! :lol2:
January 24, 20179 yr I'm not following the six fouls. If the NBA is six for a 48-minute game, then why should college (or high school) be six for a 40-minute or 32-minute game? The argument would be that a professional plays by a tougher standard. Both are given a foul per 8 minutes of action. With the games being shorter, players go for less minutes when they foul. And with the uncertainty of foul calls at times, it gives an added cushion for error.
January 24, 20179 yr If only the rules were administered correctly and consistently....this behavior would extinguish itself.... The majority of officials are hopelessly awful, so fat chance it ever changes.
January 24, 20179 yr The majority of officials are hopelessly awful, so fat chance it ever changes. Really, majority ? I'm going to chalk this up to sleep deprivation because you can't possibly, as a fan, who I will make an assumption has never officiated an organized game, can qualify that with any basis. (Obviously I was going to respond this way, so we can get that out of the way immediately)
January 24, 20179 yr Really, majority ? I'm going to chalk this up to sleep deprivation because you can't possibly, as a fan, who I will make an assumption has never officiated an organized game, can qualify that with any basis. (Obviously I was going to respond this way, so we can get that out of the way immediately) Nope, it's a majority. Whether or not I've ever officiated a game has no bearing on it. You've never been President, yet you're more than willing to call them out when they suck. No difference. And yes, I know going in, it's pointless having these discussions with you on this topic. But I'm bored, so I figured I'd humor myself.
January 24, 20179 yr Nope, it's a majority. Whether or not I've ever officiated a game has no bearing on it. You've never been President, yet you're more than willing to call them out when they suck. No difference. And yes, I know going in, it's pointless having these discussions with you on this topic. But I'm bored, so I figured I'd humor myself. Me too...so we're in the same boat, but here goes: I don't say the majority of world leaders suck because I don't like what they say...but I also believe that's apples and oranges. One is a construct (politics) the other is a performance skill (officiating), not the same genre. My question is what is your basis ? A comparative basis to professional / high school / grade school officials ? There has to be a baseline performance you are seeking to make that statement, in particular "the majority". "The majority" implies that every college basketball game has officiating that sucks, which must mean that for you, watching college basketball is a terrible experience. My question to you is about your view of good versus bad officiating, but use of "majority" suck ?
January 24, 20179 yr Me too...so we're in the same boat, but here goes: I don't say the majority of world leaders suck because I don't like what they say...but I also believe that's apples and oranges. One is a construct (politics) the other is a performance skill (officiating), not the same genre. My question is what is your basis ? A comparative basis to professional / high school / grade school officials ? There has to be a baseline performance you are seeking to make that statement, in particular "the majority". "The majority" implies that every college basketball game has officiating that sucks, which must mean that for you, watching college basketball is a terrible experience. My question to you is about your view of good versus bad officiating, but use of "majority" suck ? It's been a very long time since I've watched a college basketball game that hasn't been ruined or on the brink of ruination by horrendous officiating. You yourself admitted the officials don't know how to properly call the charge rule. If you aren't able to properly do part of your job description, to me, it means you aren't any good at your job. As far as middle school or high school basketball, I have no clue. It's been 10+ years since I've watched a second of either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.